Talk

Advanced search

How about an economy forum

(10 Posts)
DyslexicScientist Mon 18-Jan-16 06:25:24

Its a hugely interesting topic, especially with everything that's happening at the moment. It affects us all but chat or in the news isn't really appropriate for it.

Loads of interesting and knowledgeble people here so it could become a very useful reasorce for reporting and commenting on economic news.

Todecide Mon 18-Jan-16 08:50:04

Yes, that would be a great idea.

Fishface77 Mon 18-Jan-16 09:16:25

Would love this

redhat Mon 18-Jan-16 09:17:18

Tends to go under money matters doesn't it?

MilkTwoSugarsThanks Mon 18-Jan-16 09:21:42

Do we really need another topic? Really? Are MNers really too stupid to pick a reasonably appropriate existing topic and stick a thread there?

DyslexicScientist Mon 18-Jan-16 09:23:29

Its not really money matters that's about money / personal finance / loans

Very different to if I want to discuss the falling oil price. No forum I could put that in , I don't think that exists atm

MilkTwoSugarsThanks Mon 18-Jan-16 09:27:29

In the News?

Other Subjects?

Politics?

Not too sure what's wrong with any of them?

DyslexicScientist Mon 18-Jan-16 09:52:13

Its not really general news or politics. And other is just other.

MilkTwoSugarsThanks Mon 18-Jan-16 10:08:34

OK, so not all topics are perfect for everything. I think some people, possibly many people, would put the Economy with Politics.

I think it's too niche, will get lost in the other 282 topics and 99.9% of MNers won't know if it's existence, won't have the patience to search through all the topics and will post in a completely different topic anyway. Then the Thread Police will get all pissy about it because people aren't posting the right things in the right topics.

Tbh I think if anything MNHQ need to trim the amount of topics, not add even more!

MilkTwoSugarsThanks Mon 18-Jan-16 10:09:53

Purely out of interest - what would you put in 'Other Subjects', if not something that doesn't already have its own topic?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now