Talk

Advanced search

The cologne sex assault threads

(11 Posts)

MNHQ have commented on this thread.

hiddenhome2 Sun 10-Jan-16 15:23:39

Can you please list them in Discussion of the Day.

When was the last time a subject was so important that it stretched to its third thread?

Probably never!

hiddenhome2 Sun 10-Jan-16 15:34:12

You cannot ignore this issue?

AnchorDownDeepBreath Sun 10-Jan-16 15:38:49

Nothing that is in "In the News on Mumsnet" is also in "Discussions of the Day". Maybe because they are right next to each other?

It's not like it's not featured, it's just in the box underneath, with all the other news posts.

hiddenhome2 Sun 10-Jan-16 15:39:43

Yes, I know, but the link is to the first thread.

There's no attempt to draw attention to these threads at all.

hiddenhome2 Sun 10-Jan-16 15:40:35

It should be in Discussion of The Day as well. I don't care what their usual pattern of linking is.

AnchorDownDeepBreath Sun 10-Jan-16 15:42:29

I've just seen your post from yesterday again, where MNHQ have replied.

I'd see your point if it wasn't featured anywhere, but it's just as prominent. I'm not sure why it still links to the first thread but it looks like that will update soon.

I'm not sure that starting threads to force MNHQ to take notice is the way forward, you'd probably just get a slapped wrist for spamming.

I do think it's an important issue, for what's it's worth, I've read all three threads. I just don't see why it matters which box it is in. Most people are likely to be finding it through Active Conversations anyway.

BeccaMumsnet (MNHQ) Sun 10-Jan-16 15:43:30

Hi hiddenhome - we've added to the Discussions of the Day now and have posted on the previous thread to explain our position. Thanks for your threads on this.

hiddenhome2 Sun 10-Jan-16 15:44:29

I'm not spamming. I'm trying to draw attention to something.

The link to the first thread is a failure to keep up with how significant this subject is.

GruntledOne Mon 11-Jan-16 14:00:23

There have been a number of threads that went to three threads and even longer. For instance, I remember the one about the alleged forced Caesarian went to three threads and possibly more. Does it really matter? It's very prominently featured under "In the news".

hiddenhome2 Mon 11-Jan-16 14:01:11

No it's not. The link in the news list is to the first thread.

Pipistrella Mon 11-Jan-16 18:01:30

Frankly, and though I understand that it is a very important issue, I'm finding it hard to avoid seeing the many threads about it.

I read and partook in the first (one post I think, not much to say) but can't understand how it has filled two or three more threads since?

I'm not sure what you want MN to do about it.
(genuinely)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now