Talk

Advanced search

noisy ENO advert

(11 Posts)

MNHQ have commented on this thread.

CorporeSarnie Sun 10-Jan-16 09:38:43

I mostly lurk vs. posting loads, the last few days have had an advert for the ENO's Magic Flute production appearing at the bottom of pages and autoplaying. I quite like the opera itself, but given that I (and a lot of other MNers) am often online at crazy o'clock whilst bfing, an ad at the bottom of the page which I don't know is there until the violins start is rather annoying/ disruptive to baby and partner. Is there a way to stop it from autoplaying? Am on Windows Phone in IE if that is at all important.

CorporeSarnie Sun 10-Jan-16 09:41:04

I also live nowhere near Ldn and no chance of getting to see the production, so makes me sad

CorporeSarnie Sun 10-Jan-16 14:45:16

Only me then?

originalmavis Sun 10-Jan-16 14:46:54

Ooh, whens it on? I like a bit of Mozart (not seeing the ads).

originalmavis Sun 10-Jan-16 14:50:24

Thanks ive just booked it!

BeccaMumsnet (MNHQ) Sun 10-Jan-16 15:05:59

Hi CorporeSarnie - would you be happy to screenshot the ad for us?

NotAnotherPackedLunchBox Tue 12-Jan-16 19:09:41

I've been getting a few ads autoplaying recently and have just had a Cillit Bang advert disturb the peace and noisily expose my clandestine MNing.blush
Anything you can do to spare my blushes?

CorporeSarnie Fri 15-Jan-16 18:29:08

The as stopped appearing as soon as this was posted, so hopefully cillit shouty bang will stop soon for you, lunchbox

CorporeSarnie Fri 15-Jan-16 18:30:34

ads

CorporeSarnie Sun 17-Jan-16 21:45:41

Following a whole wk without any AutoPlay ads, it's back and just scared the living daylights out of me! Pic attached.

NotAnotherPackedLunchBox Fri 22-Jan-16 15:04:20

After a blissfully quiet week I've been accosted by the same Dettol advert twice today. sadangry
Is installing an Ad Blocker the only way to escape adverts shouting that I'm a slattern at random intervals?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: