Talk

Advanced search

noisy ENO advert

(11 Posts)

MNHQ have commented on this thread.

CorporeSarnie Sun 10-Jan-16 09:38:43

I mostly lurk vs. posting loads, the last few days have had an advert for the ENO's Magic Flute production appearing at the bottom of pages and autoplaying. I quite like the opera itself, but given that I (and a lot of other MNers) am often online at crazy o'clock whilst bfing, an ad at the bottom of the page which I don't know is there until the violins start is rather annoying/ disruptive to baby and partner. Is there a way to stop it from autoplaying? Am on Windows Phone in IE if that is at all important.

CorporeSarnie Sun 10-Jan-16 09:41:04

I also live nowhere near Ldn and no chance of getting to see the production, so makes me sad

CorporeSarnie Sun 10-Jan-16 14:45:16

Only me then?

originalmavis Sun 10-Jan-16 14:46:54

Ooh, whens it on? I like a bit of Mozart (not seeing the ads).

originalmavis Sun 10-Jan-16 14:50:24

Thanks ive just booked it!

BeccaMumsnet (MNHQ) Sun 10-Jan-16 15:05:59

Hi CorporeSarnie - would you be happy to screenshot the ad for us?

NotAnotherPackedLunchBox Tue 12-Jan-16 19:09:41

I've been getting a few ads autoplaying recently and have just had a Cillit Bang advert disturb the peace and noisily expose my clandestine MNing.blush
Anything you can do to spare my blushes?

CorporeSarnie Fri 15-Jan-16 18:29:08

The as stopped appearing as soon as this was posted, so hopefully cillit shouty bang will stop soon for you, lunchbox

CorporeSarnie Fri 15-Jan-16 18:30:34

ads

CorporeSarnie Sun 17-Jan-16 21:45:41

Following a whole wk without any AutoPlay ads, it's back and just scared the living daylights out of me! Pic attached.

NotAnotherPackedLunchBox Fri 22-Jan-16 15:04:20

After a blissfully quiet week I've been accosted by the same Dettol advert twice today. sadangry
Is installing an Ad Blocker the only way to escape adverts shouting that I'm a slattern at random intervals?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now