Search giving duplicate results

(7 Posts)

MNHQ have commented on this thread.

ScottishProf Thu 07-Jan-16 19:57:17

Just the last couple of times I've searched for previous posts by someone, I've noticed their most recent post appears twice in the results. It seems to be that one copy has just the text they wrote, and the other also has HTML formatting. In one case the time given for the two versions was one minute different, though!

OliviaMumsnet (MNHQ) Thu 07-Jan-16 21:53:21

Sounds like search is borked then
Thanks for flagging

PlentyOfPubeGardens Fri 08-Jan-16 09:18:13

It's the batminge wormhole wink

Advanced search is showing up posts people have written and previewed but not necessarily posted. If you advance search my posts for today, you should see a test post by me on this thread. I think if people preview and then post, it will show up twice in search.

ScottishProf Fri 08-Jan-16 15:11:09

eek, that's a peculiarly terrible idea! All those things people thought better of, out there for anyone to see anyway...

Becca19962014 Fri 08-Jan-16 15:25:44

I had similar when I did an advanced search on my name, some threads were duplicated, one was the thread the other was blank - no OP or anything confused might be related to this issue.

FruStefanOla Fri 08-Jan-16 17:15:15

Yeah, it's bound to be because of the batminge wormhole.

And I think I suggested, a couple of days ago, that the batminge wormhole might have been caused by the new Navbar.

AmyGMumsnet (MNHQ) Fri 08-Jan-16 18:02:28

Thanks everyone, we'll be having a word with Tech to find out what's going on.

In the meantime if you could all let us know what devices and browsers you're using that would be really helpful, and please do keep us up to date if you have any further issues with the search function.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now