Talk

Advanced search

Emojis in thread titles

(11 Posts)

MNHQ have commented on this thread.

cozietoesie Thu 07-Jan-16 10:01:15

Is anyone else finding emojis in thread titles distracting? On my App, they're appearing against a dark red background and are almost fluorescent - really offputting.

AlpacaLypse Thu 07-Jan-16 10:09:38

I find emojis annoying full stop. If they're in the thread title I won't even click on the thread.

Any news on getting rid of them yet Tech?

MotherofFlagons Thu 07-Jan-16 10:10:46

I really wish they'd get rid of them in thread titles. I'm hiding every thread I see them in.

WinnieTheW0rm Thu 07-Jan-16 10:13:13

I find emojis in thread titles awful, because if your device doesn't 'read' them it a) buggers up active and b) means it's not really possible to even guess the intended tone of the thread title.

I'd prefer to see them gone completely too. Because although they are more guessable in the body of a post, it's still annoying.

I like words.

BeccaMumsnet (MNHQ) Thu 07-Jan-16 13:41:23

Hi all - we're just checking back in with Tech to see if there's an update re: them being banned from thread titles. Will let you know when we do!

cozietoesie Thu 07-Jan-16 15:50:33

Thanks, Becca.

magimedi Thu 07-Jan-16 16:47:42

I was living in hope that they would be banned everywhere - not just in thread titles!

DramaAlpaca Thu 07-Jan-16 16:49:02

Me too magi I hate the things. I do like an emoticon now & again tennis but those emojis are just annoying.

Maryz Thu 07-Jan-16 17:55:57

Oh, missed this - I bumped the other thread.

Please let them go. I mean, I know I overuse emoticons, but the great bit yokes and their associated little black squares are just out of place, and make threads look so untidy.

magimedi Thu 07-Jan-16 19:47:35

On the bench with you, Maryz - shove up!

PersephonePitstop Mon 11-Jan-16 20:32:21

I do hope they're going to go - please?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now