Talk

Advanced search

Links to expert advice / organisations?

(11 Posts)
mydutifullaunderette Tue 05-Jan-16 22:57:32

At the top of the SN pages, you have a great permanent note that says something like "here are some organisations who can offer professional advice on SN" and then a brilliant list.

I realise you can't do this for each and every section, but I wondered whether it might be possible to have something like it (or a single sticky post?) on the Adoption Board?

Posters on there are often dealing with difficult and challenging situations, and naturally cannot tell whether any of the people replying are qualified to do so, or are expressing abstract personal opinions. While many of the personal opinions and experiences are useful, sometimes a great deal more is needed, and directing people to organisations might be appropriate too, such as Adoption UK, Family Futures, PAC, The Empty Nest, Yellow Kite, or even the general government portal for adoption First4Adoption.

Does that sound like a good idea, and if so, is it do-able?

tldr Tue 05-Jan-16 23:52:13

Yes. Please do this.

thefamilyvonstrop Wed 06-Jan-16 07:48:36

That's a really good idea. Can we have this please MNHQ?

OliviaMumsnet (MNHQ) Wed 06-Jan-16 11:23:41

Thanks for the suggestion, we will have a look into this.

mybloodykitchen Wed 06-Jan-16 14:13:48

Another vote for.

mydutifullaunderette Wed 06-Jan-16 16:12:32

* The Open Nest
(Not the empty nest) Thanks MNHQ, we think you look smashing today btw, new hairdo? grin

Italiangreyhound Mon 11-Jan-16 11:16:14

Great idea. I think it would be a really useful resource.

scarfonthestairs Mon 11-Jan-16 18:20:05

Definitely agree

LateToTheParty Tue 12-Jan-16 21:46:30

Great idea. This site is useful too:

http://childprotectionresource.online

dibly Wed 13-Jan-16 20:53:09

Yes please

mydutifullaunderette Tue 02-Feb-16 20:31:44

Thanks MNHQ - just spotted the link and list is now there! Really great, thank you smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now