Talk

Advanced search

Not being funny, but this purple bar thing at the bottom.

(87 Posts)

MNHQ have commented on this thread.

BertieBotts Mon 04-Jan-16 13:01:34

I swear it was originally promised to be "only for important threads" and rarely used. Now it seems to be used for any old thing and as such, I'm far more likely to ignore it because most of the things it advertises aren't relevant to me.

PoppieD Mon 04-Jan-16 13:03:41

I keep accidentally clicking on it and being taken away from the page I DO want to go to!!

Pipistrella Mon 04-Jan-16 13:06:30

It is REALLY annoying - there may be an opt out in customise? I haven't looked.

MovingOnUpMovingOnOut Mon 04-Jan-16 13:06:43

Ironically it's just popped up on this thread.

Annoying. Especially when it's already a sticky thread.

Lweji Mon 04-Jan-16 13:07:42

Yes, very annoying.
Ahem, MNHQ.

ItsAllGoingToBeFine Mon 04-Jan-16 13:07:47

It is really annoying - I have zero interest in pushchair reviews

Luxyelectro Mon 04-Jan-16 13:09:07

Driving me mad too. If anyone finds a setting to turn it off please say so

AnchorDownDeepBreath Mon 04-Jan-16 13:09:53

Mine is about living without a husband.

Can we go back to just having a purple bar for important things? I just dismiss it without looking now, it's so common place.

Pipistrella Mon 04-Jan-16 13:11:14

Living without a husband? That's going to be a nice surprise for those who have recenty lost theirs sad

Come on MNHQ

Pipistrella Mon 04-Jan-16 13:12:47

Nothing I can see in customise

Only the drop down bar at the top which I have had hidden since inception

I still get pregnant woman/spaghetti dog etc by mistake quite often though.

CrotchetQuaverMinim Mon 11-Jan-16 07:21:34

Even more annoying that it comes up repeatedly, even after you've closed it several times. I get that Mhairi Black is doing a webchat, really I do. What else do I have to do to prove that I've read it? I close it; next page it's page. I close it again. Next page it's back. About three or four times, before I finally go to a different topic, and then it gives me a break for a bit.

(mac, firefox)

FruStefanOla Mon 11-Jan-16 16:37:43

Not being funny, but there's nothing you can do to get rid of the little bugger!

KatherineMumsnet (MNHQ) Mon 11-Jan-16 16:51:21

Hi there BertieBotts, thanks for flagging this.

We've made a note, and are going to take a closer look into how and when we use them.

Apologies for the annoyance, all.

Thanks flowers

goodnightdarthvader1 Wed 13-Jan-16 12:13:07

I find it mega annoying on the mobile app, because with my keyboard open I only have limited space to see where I'm typing anyway, and the purple bar overlays that. Clicking close also closes my keyboard so I have to open it again (first world problems!)

OliviaMumsnet (MNHQ) Wed 13-Jan-16 14:54:42

Lweji

Yes, very annoying.
Ahem, MNHQ.

Did you just ahem?!?
shock

Lweji Wed 13-Jan-16 15:09:06

Ups.
Is it a banning offence?

grin

BeccaMumsnet (MNHQ) Thu 14-Jan-16 16:58:30

You'll find out.

BertieBotts Thu 14-Jan-16 18:11:47

shock

CrotchetQuaverMinim Sat 16-Jan-16 08:29:53

Still happening!! All the ones about the Guest Posts at the moment. I close them repeatedly, and they keep coming back to haunt me. I don't mind seeing them once - although I just ignore them as I've already seen the starred guest posts and would have read them if I'd wanted to - but the constant purple banner that won't ever stay closed is getting v annoying.

CrabbyCockwomble Sat 16-Jan-16 08:49:35

Very annoying - I have to keep clicking them on the ipad and thy won't disappear/take me to what they're advertising instead of closing. Almost as annoying as the page leaping about from this fucking banner thing. hmm

YouBastardSockBalls Sat 16-Jan-16 08:51:53

I've noticed this too. Very annoying!

Pipistrella Sat 16-Jan-16 08:54:14

ARGGGHHHH

please get rid of this blooming thing. Or at least an opt out? pleeeeeease?

calzone Sat 16-Jan-16 08:57:21

Get rid of it!!!!!

Mnhq......you promised to look and you haven't done anything.

Pipistrella Sat 16-Jan-16 08:59:51

if you put an opt out in customise none of the rookies will know about it so you can still target them that way grin

AFootInBothCamps Sat 16-Jan-16 09:11:40

The purple thing I don't even read anymore. It is all about pushchairs etc that are just not relevant!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now