Talk

Advanced search

Where's the thread from last night..

(12 Posts)
Behooven Mon 04-Jan-16 11:37:11

about the bad tempered 'd'h thumping his kids? It's been on my mind all night and I can't find it now.

Waltermittythesequel Mon 04-Jan-16 11:38:29

They deleted it for the OP.

So that's a thing now?

Behooven Mon 04-Jan-16 11:40:57

Very worrying thread

AnyFucker Mon 04-Jan-16 11:41:44

"Deleted at OP's request"

Behooven Mon 04-Jan-16 11:46:20

In one way I hope she was a troll, I'm worried for those children if it's true.

ThumbWitchesAbroad Mon 04-Jan-16 11:49:17

She was worried because some one posted that they were going to report the thread to the authorities, who would be able to track down the OP via her IP address (seems unlikely but still...) and she wanted the thread deleted, partly because of that and partly because of all the "vitriolic" responses.

LineyReborn Mon 04-Jan-16 11:57:32

If I recall correctly, she also said it was because of 'her family's safety'?

Waltermittythesequel Mon 04-Jan-16 11:58:36

Ffs

So her husband can continue to batter his children and she can continue to enable him because he's a good dad but nobody is allowed to be a bit harsh with her?

Nice one, HQ.

ThumbWitchesAbroad Mon 04-Jan-16 12:09:00

Yes Liney - it was surmised (not by me, but by another poster) that she may have considered her family safety to have been compromised because of the poster I mentioned who threatened to report the thread to the authorities.

emotionsecho Mon 04-Jan-16 12:11:05

'Her family's safety'??? Is that some kind of sick joke?

I was hoping it had gone because it was a troll/untrue.

LineyReborn Mon 04-Jan-16 12:14:01

I'd like MNHQ to make a statement on this one. Either it was a clever troll, or there really are young children out there getting beaten by their father. Horrible.

RebeccaMumsnet (MNHQ) Mon 04-Jan-16 15:16:28

Hi there,

We have been in touch with the OP who asked for this thread to be removed and we requested that she posted to explain why first. Here is what she said:

"I am the OP and would like to thank everyone who has taken the time to respond to my post. Because of the large and partly vitriolic response, I have asked Mumsnet to delete the thread, as I am concerned for my families safety. I have read and considered all the comments and understand the serious concerns raised. I would like to reassure everyone that I have sought help from several professional sources, and am making it a priority to keep my children safe from harm. I would like to personally thank the posters who offered practical advice and support, rather than writing with an aggressive tone."

We do not remove threads because an individual doesn't like the response she is getting, however, we are not here to make others lives a misery either, particularly when they are going through a really hard time. This poster took on board what was said on the thread and asked for us to remove it. We asked her to post and explain herself first and that is what she did and so we have removed it now. The OP also reassured us that she has sought real life help and support for her family.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now