Talk

Advanced search

Blocking all private messages. Possible?

(12 Posts)
MooseTrap Sat 02-Jan-16 18:28:22

Is it possible to opt out of receiving private messages completely? I think I can block a poster who has already sent me a PM but I'd like to be able to block everyone.

I've not had a particular problem with unwelcome PMs it's just that I don't won't to receive any.

Arfarfanarf Sat 02-Jan-16 18:30:14

Yes. You just change your settings.
There is a box i believe to tick

MooseTrap Sat 02-Jan-16 18:56:39

Thanks for the quick reply. smile. I've looked and I've looked but I can't find an opt out box. I'm on the desktop site but I've also checked the app. sad

My idea where I should look?

cozietoesie Sat 02-Jan-16 19:02:23

Click on Settings - it's towards the top right of your Inbox. That's where the tick box is. smile

cozietoesie Sat 02-Jan-16 19:05:41

Sorry - that would be My Mumsnet (top right of page)> My Inbox (in drop down) > Settings.

MooseTrap Sat 02-Jan-16 19:13:41

Got it! I can't believe I missed it blush

Thanks star thanks

cozietoesie Sat 02-Jan-16 19:42:42

Well done. smile

(Sometimes, it's only easy to find when you already know where it is.wink)

MooseTrap Sat 02-Jan-16 19:49:36

smile

Sparklingbrook Sat 02-Jan-16 19:57:08

If you send a PM to someone who has blocked all PMs I assume you would never know? You would just think they were ignoring you or didn't want to reply?

Sometimes PMs are sent for nice reasons.

cozietoesie Sat 02-Jan-16 19:59:35

You get something coming up, Sparkling, which indicates that the member has elected not to receive private messages. (I'm afraid I can't remember the precise wording.)

Sparklingbrook Sat 02-Jan-16 20:06:54

Oh do you? That's good.

cozietoesie Sat 02-Jan-16 20:10:32

Weeeellllllll - I recall coming across it during Jeffreygate. (I forget the circumstances.) I'm assuming both that my memory is correct and that they haven't changed it since. wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now