Talk

Advanced search

Private Message

(16 Posts)

MNHQ have commented on this thread.

hollyisalovelyname Fri 01-Jan-16 19:38:05

How do you send a private message?

RNBrie Fri 01-Jan-16 19:40:24

On the mobile site, click on the three little dots at the bottom right of a posters post and then click on PM. No idea if you're not using the mobile site!

DramaAlpaca Fri 01-Jan-16 19:41:05

If you're on the desktop site, look along from the person's user name above one of their posts to where it says Message Poster. Click that & you can send your message.

NorksAreMessy Fri 01-Jan-16 23:54:58

Have sent you a test message, so you can see how they arrive

hollyisalovelyname Sat 02-Jan-16 00:20:51

Thank you but there aren't three little dots( that I can see) .

OddSocksHighHeels Sat 02-Jan-16 03:44:25

Are you using the mobile site or desktop? The mobile site has 3 dots at the bottom of the message like in the picture. I'm not sure on desktop either but follow what drama says if you are.

mummytime Sat 02-Jan-16 04:53:53

I don't think you can from the ap?

hollyisalovelyname Sat 02-Jan-16 09:43:18

I'm on the app.
Norks I got your message, thank you but I can't open it as I can't remember my password.
Again blush

hollyisalovelyname Sat 02-Jan-16 09:49:07

May I ask what this hmm and thisconfused mean please.
Thank you.

NorksAreMessy Sat 02-Jan-16 10:18:26

hmm means sceptical...usually used when the thread or a post are batshit crazy or just, well, odd

confused means confused or confuddled

hollyisalovelyname Sat 02-Jan-16 11:54:19

Thank you.

myotherusernameisbetter Sat 02-Jan-16 11:58:29

I think if you are not logged in you won't see the dots as you won't be able to message a poster without being a logged in member.

RustyBear Sat 02-Jan-16 12:14:09

No little dots, even when logged in on the app, only on the mobile site.
You can send private messages from the app but it's a bit long-winded and you have to type in the poster's name (can't even c&p unless I'm missing something)

You have to use the menu (three horizontal lines at the top right of the page - doesn't show up on individual threads, you have to go to Active or Topics) Choose Policies and Support (bottom option) then Inbox (middle option on purple bar)

Once you're in your inbox, there's a blue bar at the bottom, use the middle 'Message' icon with a + on. Then you have to hope you remember the username of the person you want to message!

If there's an easier way, it would be nice to know!

myotherusernameisbetter Sat 02-Jan-16 12:19:32

I've got dots on the Kindle and can't get the mobile app on my phone anymore so can't compare. sad

DawnMumsnet (MNHQ) Sat 02-Jan-16 12:25:49

Hi hollyisalovelyname,

Thanks for asking about this. Unfortunately, I don't have an iPhone (grrr!) so can't check things out on the app at the moment, but RustyBear seems to have some good advice. Thanks, Rusty! smile

There are plenty of useful facts about the app and how to use it in our handy app FAQs guide, here. The trouble is, it says nowt about PMs!

hollyisalovelyname Sat 02-Jan-16 19:47:40

Thanks all.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now