Talk

Advanced search

Anyone else sometimes struggle copy and pasting on their ipad on MN

(9 Posts)

MNHQ have commented on this thread.

WhoTheFuckIsSimon Mon 28-Dec-15 23:15:09

Firstly I'd like to say I'm quite ipad literate. Have had one for years. Can copy and paste no problem on every other website, forum, word processing apps using my iPad.

Most of the time I can on MN as well. But sometimes I can't paste. When I tap the screen the paste option flashes up so quick I can't tap it. Just spent five mins trying and given up.

Mummylin Mon 28-Dec-15 23:47:30

Try keeping your finger on for just a second longer, I just tried it on my new one and it seems to be fine

Mummylin Mon 28-Dec-15 23:48:37

Oh just realised its the paste your having trouble with, I'll try that. So there will be a double post !

Mummylin Mon 28-Dec-15 23:50:18

Oh just realised its the paste your having trouble with, I'll try that. So there will be a double post !

It worked fine, first time I have done that on this iPad.

WhoTheFuckIsSimon Mon 28-Dec-15 23:52:40

Yep have tried that. Like I say most of the time I can do it even on MN but when I cant, I can't repeatedly.

Atomik Mon 28-Dec-15 23:52:41

Yes.

I think it started after the iOS 8 (or 7?) update, got a bit better with later updates, but has never returned to the ease and reliability it had before that first "buggering everything up" new shiney update.

It's annoying.

WhoTheFuckIsSimon Mon 28-Dec-15 23:54:07

Firstly I'd like to say I'm quite ipad literate. Have had one for years. Can copy and paste no problem on every other website, forum, word processing apps using my iPad.

see I can do it now, no problem. But when I tried earlier in this evening on a different thread doing exactly what ive just done it wouldn't work. My iPad is getting old....maybe I need a new one. grin

WhoTheFuckIsSimon Mon 28-Dec-15 23:54:58

Yay, it's not just me.

It happening after an update makes sense because I never used to have this problem.

IonaMumsnet (MNHQ) Tue 29-Dec-15 15:50:55

Hi there Whothefuckissimon. Sorry about your virtual Pritt Stick problems. If it is an updates issue, obviously there may not be much we can do but we will ask Tech just in case they know of some sort of workaround and get back to you.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now