Talk

Advanced search

<planned downtime klaxon>

(43 Posts)
KatherineMumsnet (MNHQ) Thu 17-Dec-15 12:28:25

Just to let everyone know, tech will be doing some site maintenance on Friday at 1am for an hour or so.

That will be all fsmile

ItsAllGoingToBeFine Thu 17-Dec-15 12:45:42

Will the maintenance involve disabling emoji? <hopeful>

ZingDramaQueenOfSheeba Thu 17-Dec-15 13:12:43

Is it because the new MN app on Android is going to be launched?

SauvignonBlanche Thu 17-Dec-15 13:15:19

Great - so the emojis will go?

ThumbWitchesAbroad Thu 17-Dec-15 13:38:20

Oh how annoying of Tech. I hope it doesn't last longer than an hour, I can probably find something to do with my life for an hour, I guess...

AnnieOnAMapleLeaf Thu 17-Dec-15 14:22:00

Nooooo!!!!!! 1am in the UK is 8:00pm here - prime MNing time! If I am forced to watch mind-numbing bollocks on telly because of this down time, I will blame you.

<wails>
Won't someone think of the Canadians???!!!
</wails>

Room101isWhereIUsedToLive Thu 17-Dec-15 14:48:49

Ok thanks for the heads up, as that is indeed eight pm where I am at the moment too!

scrivette Thu 17-Dec-15 14:51:25

I will tell DS that he can't wake for a feed at that time smile

Sparklingbrook Thu 17-Dec-15 15:07:25

In hope they are changing 'Trending' back to 'Most Active' and binning the emojis off. <hopeful>

NCISaddict Thu 17-Dec-15 15:17:33

How on earth am I supposed to get through my nightshift without sneaky peeks at MN? The only saving grace is that I'll probably be so busy dodging vomit, it being the Friday night before Christmas, that I won't have time.
If I do I won't be happy. fsmile

BalaRua Thu 17-Dec-15 15:32:21

Same as scrivette, I'll have ds pencil it in his diary not to wake at 1am that night.

LaContessaDiPlump Thu 17-Dec-15 15:32:36

I hope you're using some of that time to design a lightsaber emoji, HQ.

<stern gaze>

usual Thu 17-Dec-15 15:45:13

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

kinkytoes Thu 17-Dec-15 16:06:31

If you get rid of the emojis we won't complain if it's longer than an hour.

FattySantaRobin Thu 17-Dec-15 16:10:18

zing let's hope they are finally giving us lowly android users a new app.

IamtheZombie Thu 17-Dec-15 16:58:16

While Tech is carrying out this maintenance can s/he please restore Zombie's ability to update and SAVE her profile? Oh, and the hoverer doodah as well?

PeaceLoveAndMincePies Thu 17-Dec-15 17:12:56

Disappointing klaxon envy

CantSee4Looking Thu 17-Dec-15 17:55:03

Is that 1am Friday morning of Thursday night (ie tonight) or 1am of friday night (tomorrow night) confused

Pain induced insomnia has fuzzied my brain.

FruVikingessOla Thu 17-Dec-15 18:01:20

Thanks for the warning Katherine. I will either be snoring (hopefully) or getting up to check whether the daft cats have decided to come back inside .... yes, I am that stupid to get up in the middle of the night to see if the little scutters have come back in blush

Annie, perhaps you should be yelling at MNHQ "I AM CANADIAN"? grin grin

AnnieOnAMapleLeaf Thu 17-Dec-15 18:37:38

I'm not a lumberjack or a fur trader. I don't live in an igloo or eat blubber or own a dog sled. And I don't know Jimmy, Sally or Suzy from Canada, although I'm certain they're really, really nice. I have a prime minister, not a president. I speak English and French, not American. And I pronounce it about, not aboot. I can proudly sew my country's flag on my backpack. I believe in peacekeeping, not policing. Diversity, not assimilation. And that Mumsnet is a truly proud and noble forumn. A toque is a hat, a chesterfield is a couch. And it is pronounced zed, not zee, zed. Canada is the second largest landmass, the first nation of hockey and the best part of North America. My name is Annie, and I am Canadian!"

ZingDramaQueenOfSheeba Thu 17-Dec-15 18:56:14

<snogs Annie>

BankWadger Thu 17-Dec-15 19:31:51

Klaxon yet no pus? <looks confused and disappointed>

QueenStromba Thu 17-Dec-15 19:35:00

Anyone who is planning to MN at that time just need to do what I do and open all of the interesting looking threads in different tabs. DH despairs at the number of tabs I have open at any given time but I had the last laugh recently when our internet got cut off and I had internet to read but he didn't.

Are you planning to fix the "Watching" function - mine has all the threads I've posted on for several weeks, it appears. Not handy.

BankWadger Thu 17-Dec-15 19:36:34

[fbear] - you could fix that while you're at it. (and if tech denies he ever had the hat I will start a thread in relationships regarding the gas lighting)

PS Threads I'm Watching is still a slow pile of wank.

I have sleep or Netflix, so take your time

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now