Talk

Advanced search

All my previous incarnations are unavailable and " in use by someone else"

(19 Posts)

MNHQ have commented on this thread.

QuintShhhhhh Wed 16-Dec-15 23:00:24

Even if they are found in my name history.

Like GoldQuintessenceandMyrrh

even QuintessentialShadow is unavailable to me!!!!

I wanted to change back to a good old black dress, an old Christmas name, and I cant!

NeedsAsockamnesty Wed 16-Dec-15 23:35:59

All mine are as well

DonkeyOaty Wed 16-Dec-15 23:39:37

I'm frightened to try in case I lose my beloved olde fashioned MN Classic <anxious>

cozietoesie Thu 17-Dec-15 00:17:19

I think you might as well move to The Dark Side New now, Donkey. It will only hurt for a little. (If you get to keep the full Customise that is - they seem to be withdrawing that.angry)

DonkeyOaty Thu 17-Dec-15 00:21:05

<over dramatic heart-rending sobs>

Noooooooo [Luke Skywalker face]

LegoCaltrops Thu 17-Dec-15 00:35:40

Testing

LegoCaltrops Thu 17-Dec-15 00:38:47

Curiouser and curiouser. I couldn't change my username on my account (I've changed nn quite a while ago; this is an old name), but the system let me amend my nn at the top of the post. So it clearly knows this nn belongs to me.

DawnMumsnet (MNHQ) Thu 17-Dec-15 14:07:37

Hi all,

So sorry you've been having username trouble. Is everything working smoothly again today?

FruVikingessOla Thu 17-Dec-15 18:15:18

I'm going to try to NC back to one of my previous ones, Quint, and see what happens. See you on the 'dark side' .... or not?! grin

FruOla Thu 17-Dec-15 18:17:44

Well, that worked for me!

Now I need to go back to the Vikingess!

FruVikingessOla Thu 17-Dec-15 18:21:01

I'm back!

All that nonsense in red text - you can totally ignore!

RatOnnaStick Thu 17-Dec-15 18:24:35

I had this. I changed to my christmas name in case I forgot it before I needed it (iyswim) and then changed back. Got a message in red saying my name was in use and try again but when I clicked save it went through anyway. Ignore the message.

GoldQuintessenceAndMyrrh Fri 18-Dec-15 09:40:46

Looks like it works now, I can change it. The message is still there though.

DawnMumsnet (MNHQ) Fri 18-Dec-15 10:43:42

Thanks for letting us know. We'll have a word with Tech anyway to see why the message is popping up, but the main thing is, your names are your own!

SoupDragon Sun 20-Dec-15 09:13:12

I can't change to my Christmas name because it is "already in use" sad

It gives me that error message and the change doesn't save.

IonaMumsnet (MNHQ) Sun 20-Dec-15 20:21:55

Hi SoupDragon Sorry about this. If it's still not working drop us a line at Contactus@mumsnet.com and we'll see if we can sort it out for you. Just let us know which previous Christmas name you're trying to change to.

SoupDragon Sun 20-Dec-15 20:29:05

Don't worry, I've worked it out. I wanted to change to DoesntTurkeySoupDragOn but the name I actually owned was DoesntLeftoverTurkeySoupDragOn. DoesntTurkeySoupDragOn was used by someone on a thread 10 years ago where we were impersonating other posters so wasn't actually mine. Rather bizarre, I admit grin

IonaMumsnet (MNHQ) Sun 20-Dec-15 21:05:24

Ah. Jolly good. We'll call the dogs back in. Nice Christmas name BTW!

DoesntLeftoverTurkeySoupDragOn Sun 20-Dec-15 21:45:30

Thanks.

I'm still surprised the other one isn't mine - I would have been prepared to bet my second born child on it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now