How about having a different deletion message for spam?

(12 Posts)
Arfarfanarf Fri 11-Dec-15 09:57:20

After this morning's ridiculous 'cast a spell with dr bollocks and the shitbag who crapped all over you will come back into your life' spambot spewing rubbish all over the place, would it be worth having a deletion message that read something like 'this post was spam, we do not allow spam or advertising posts on the boards'

Because a lot of OPs go to their thread and see a message deleted and probably think someone said something really horrible to them.

I just wondered if it might be something worth doing?

ChaosTrulyReigns Fri 11-Dec-15 10:01:29

Or Spam off the the far side of spam and when you get there spam off some fecking more?

Kr1stina Fri 11-Dec-15 10:02:58

Good idea

DawnMumsnet (MNHQ) Fri 11-Dec-15 12:54:51

Thanks Arfarfanarf - it's a good suggestion.

We can (and often do) go in and alter the standard MNHQ deletion message, but in the case of this morning's spellcaster nonsense, that spammer had posted about 50 messages so it was quicker and easier for us to zip in and automatically delete them all in one go, using the standard message.

We know we've been asked this before, though, so we're going to have another word with our Tech folk to see if we can get ourselves a dedicated 'busted for spamming' button.

Arfarfanarf Fri 11-Dec-15 13:51:31

"Thanks Arfarfanarf - it's a good suggestion."

Well, y'know, I was due one.

It's been ten years...

grin

Kr1stina Fri 11-Dec-15 14:04:24

You ve been making good suggestions for ten years?

< impressed >

Arfarfanarf Fri 11-Dec-15 14:11:16

hahahaha no, I'm not that arrogant! I mean it's been ten years since my last good suggestion so I was due one grin

DawnMumsnet (MNHQ) Fri 11-Dec-15 18:11:37

Here, Arf, have a gold star star grin

Arfarfanarf Fri 11-Dec-15 18:57:09

thanks grin

daisychain01 Mon 14-Dec-15 04:18:35

I expect it is already being looked at but the Relationship Board is an absolute mess with loads of threads being spammed by someone called Jessica. I counted about 6 current threads which are reactivated "zombie"ones from 2012 etc.

LadyStark Mon 14-Dec-15 04:46:20

Yes, it's killed active convos, an attack of the zombies.

Thecatisatwat Wed 23-Dec-15 22:56:11

Why can't MNHQ make it impossible for someone to post on a thread when it's 1 year old (even if there are less than 1000 posts) i.e when the last post was a year old. Might stop all these zombie threads being reactivated (and what the bloody hell is that Annie chalk paint stuff anyway)?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now