Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Something wrong with PMs on mobile?

(10 Posts)
Gruach Wed 09-Dec-15 23:14:56

Frustrating. I'm on the mobile site and wrote a reply to a PM. Pressed send. The screen said "ok", but not "access denied" as it usually does. No indication that the message had been sent. Tried again. Same willingness but no erm ... on screen action.

No trace of my message in the Sent folder.

I've never had any problem with PMs before so don't think I'm making any mistake.

Please fix it MNHQ, it's making me look bad.

Gruach Thu 10-Dec-15 07:58:02

Is it just me?

Have tried PM-ing from laptop and the same thing is happening. A strange inadequate "ok" but nothing is being sent.

Help!

DawnMumsnet (MNHQ) Thu 10-Dec-15 13:16:30

Hi Gruach,

Thanks for asking. Sorry for the delay.

We haven't had any other reports about this lately so we're assuming it's just you. sad

Can you please give us a few details about your mobile - android or iPhone? It's seems odd that the problem's happening on the desktop site too, though. confused If you let us know which browser you're on, too, we'll get our Tech team to check things out.

In the meantime, if there's a message you need us to pass on, we can do that for you. Just drop us a line at contactus@mumsnet.com and we'll be able to help.

Gruach Thu 10-Dec-15 13:32:17

Iphone 6 ios9. And then an old but fully operating laptop PC using Chrome. Both of which have managed PMs faultlessly for years.

It is rather odd. A slightly wrong on-screen response when I pressed "send from" but no actual sending. fconfused

In the end I posted a slightly disjunctive reply on my correspondent's latest relevant thread. But thank you for the offer. I wonder what's causing it.

DawnMumsnet (MNHQ) Thu 10-Dec-15 13:36:07

Hmm. Could you possibly try logging out completely from both devices, and then having another go?

(Yep, that old chestnut!) wink

Gruach Thu 10-Dec-15 13:48:38

Nope. I've just tried, following your suggestion, still nothing happening. Curiouser and curiouser ...

DawnMumsnet (MNHQ) Thu 10-Dec-15 13:55:22

Hmm again.

Is there any chance you can screenshot what happens when you try to send a PM? Just so we have something to show the Tech folk...

PolterGoose Thu 10-Dec-15 17:18:31

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

DawnMumsnet (MNHQ) Thu 10-Dec-15 17:20:14

Thanks for the screenshot, PolterGoose - we'll ping it over to our Tech team straight away. Hopefully they'll get this sorted asap.

Gruach Thu 10-Dec-15 19:44:24

... send as a new message?

Why didn't I think of that?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now