Talk

Advanced search

Threads I'm on copied to watching?

(31 Posts)

MNHQ have commented on this thread.

RiverTam Wed 02-Dec-15 21:43:33

All the threads I'm on seem to have copied on to my Watch list. Anyone else?

RiverTam Thu 03-Dec-15 09:26:41

Just me? How do I get them off my watch list (I'm on an iPhone)? I'm being bombarded with emails!

Spidertracker Thu 03-Dec-15 09:28:41

This has happened to me too. I can't find a way to switch off the emails. Please can you get this sorted.

AnchorDownDeepBreath Thu 03-Dec-15 09:39:52

When you're posting, there's a "Watch this thread" button under the message box - you need to tick that to stop it from adding it to both the "I'm on" list and the "Watch" list.

I think if you open threads that you're watching, there's a button that lets you unwatch the thread, but I'm not sure if that's in the same place on the iOS app. Sorry!

PhilPhilConnors Thu 03-Dec-15 09:48:20

Yes, same here.
I've woken up to a gazillion emails jamming up my inbox!

PhilPhilConnors Thu 03-Dec-15 09:49:48

On iOS you need to click on the little arrow to the top right of the thread, this brings down various options.

Why are threads I'm on automatically added to my watch list?

PhilPhilConnors Thu 03-Dec-15 09:54:58

I've unwatched this thread, but every time I post it's re-added to the watch list.
Irrationally pissed off with this.
If I wanted to watch a thread I'd do it.
Is this a glitch or deliberate?

MilkTwoSugarsThanks Thu 03-Dec-15 09:59:22

Sorry to piss on your chips - but I'm glad they've fixed it 😄.

It used to do it and then for some reason it stopped and MNHQ never did tell me what the problem was, but now it's sorted so it doesn't matter.

I think if you customise your talk settings there is an option to turn off adding TIO to TIW.

Spidertracker Thu 03-Dec-15 10:01:57

I just want it to not email me. I don't want any emails from mumsnet.

Spidertracker Thu 03-Dec-15 10:07:25

Thank you milk I found the option to turn it off.

RiverTam Thu 03-Dec-15 10:36:40

I've just updated my settings - br how did it happen in the first place? It started just yesterday, I hadn't changed anything, it just started out of the blue!

DonkeyOaty Thu 03-Dec-15 10:41:11

Just testing - had this yesterday; no option on mobile site to unwatch. Let's see if I get an auto email...here goes.

DonkeyOaty Thu 03-Dec-15 10:44:32

What I need is someone to post after me please <winning smile>

RiverTam Thu 03-Dec-15 11:05:08

Have some brew and cake, Donkey.

DonkeyOaty Thu 03-Dec-15 11:32:28

Why thank you, very kind.

Hmmmmmm no email so hopefully the glitch has given it's head a wobble.

Arkkorox Thu 03-Dec-15 12:24:50

Yep happening to me too. It's annoying!

DawnMumsnet (MNHQ) Thu 03-Dec-15 12:25:10

Hi there,

Sorry to hear a few of you have been inundated with emails. sad

Now everyone's updated their settings (thanks to the good advice from Anchor and Milk), is everything back to normal?

We're thinking there was a temporary glitch causing this, but we'll get our Tech team involved if people are unable to turn off the notifications.

Do let us know.

BorisIsBack Thu 03-Dec-15 16:04:52

It's just happened to me too.... I didn't change the settings just automatically had a thread I'm on Added to my watching list.

BorisIsBack Thu 03-Dec-15 16:05:23

Now I have this thread on my watching list too...

LittleMiss77 Thu 03-Dec-15 20:42:49

Me also... the threads i was watching have disappeared and have been replaced with threads im on

Catzpyjamas Fri 04-Dec-15 00:35:07

I was getting this too fsad I've never changed my settings and this has only happened over the last 12 hours. I've now unticked the box to watch threads I'm on that I never ticked in the first place
I'm also getting asked to log on when I am already logged on and was redirected to a log in page which didn't appear secure - no green padlock icon. I'm on Silk Browser on a Kindle Fire.

PurpleDaisies Fri 04-Dec-15 00:37:21

Mine randomly started doing it today. Very irritating but at least it's stopped now. I haven't had any problems since I changed the settings on threads I'm watching.

BeccaMumsnet (MNHQ) Fri 04-Dec-15 13:50:17

Hi all - can we just ask which devices and browsers you're using? We can't seem to recreate it at the mo.

BorisIsBack Fri 04-Dec-15 13:52:37

I'm on the mobile site, on an iPhone. My software all needs updateing, on an old iOS version.

lighteningirl Fri 04-Dec-15 13:57:16

Me too on my kindle fire am suddenly watching everything g I'm on

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now