Talk

Advanced search

Can we have a "default to last name used on thread" feature?

(6 Posts)

MNHQ have commented on this thread.

BuggerOffOutside Mon 30-Nov-15 08:44:36

Easy name changing on mobile is great. But there are a couple of things I would really like, if it were possible.

1) For the default name in the posting box to be the last name you used in the thread - say, if I post in a knitting thread and a bacterial vaginosis thread and prefer to use a different name for each one, it's harder to accidentally slip and let all my knitters (who I've been telling details of my family life so I may be identifiable) know about NY fanny gunge.

2) Could it be possible to have easy name changing for starting threads, not just for reaponding to them? So if I want to post a new thread in the fannygunge topic, I can easily post choosing "AAAHITSSORE" rather than "BabyHatKnitter1992".

BeccaMumsnet (MNHQ) Mon 30-Nov-15 17:12:44

Hi BuggerOffOutside - thanks for the suggestions. We'll pass them onto our Tech team to see what they think.

BuggerOffOutside Mon 30-Nov-15 17:16:46

I think I may have begged asked for them before... perhaps they're technically unfeasible. But if you don't ask you don't get grin

Thanks.

FellOffMyUnicorn Mon 30-Nov-15 17:28:49

Fab idea

MrsHathaway Mon 30-Nov-15 18:48:38

2) exists on desktop site - I really don't see why it couldn't on mobile.

1) I have begged for this more than once for similar reasons.

Upvote/Like/Heart etc!

catsofa Mon 30-Nov-15 18:59:44

I'd like to vote for this too please!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now