Talk

Advanced search

Can't Seem to NC

(11 Posts)

MNHQ have commented on this thread.

LadyNym Fri 27-Nov-15 14:55:04

I've tried to name change a few times today and have had an error come up every time. Is this a problem lots of people are experiencing or just me?

DawnMumsnet (MNHQ) Fri 27-Nov-15 16:17:17

Hi LadyNym,

No one else has mentioned it, so we're assuming it's just you! wink

Can you tell us which device you're using, which version of the site etc. We'll get our Tech team to take a look once we have a few more details.

LadyNym Fri 27-Nov-15 16:24:15

Thanks. I'm on a laptop using Chrome and viewing the full site.

It figures it's just me; seems to be my luck this week!

DawnMumsnet (MNHQ) Fri 27-Nov-15 17:26:24

What's the error message saying, LadyNym?

Is it possible that you're choosing names which have already been taken?

LadyNym Fri 27-Nov-15 18:39:16

It says:

Mumsnet
Sorry, an error occurred.

But like there's an image that hasn't loaded as well (you know when you get the white space and a little thing in the corner that shows an image hasn't loaded - I'm showing my lack of technical knowledge here).

I don't think the username has been taken (I'd be very surprised). It doesn't mention that and the name goes green when I type it in (is that an indication it's available or just that it meets length criteria etc.?).

WhatAm1doing Fri 27-Nov-15 19:27:08

I'm also having trouble changing back to my usual name, keep being told I can't use my old name ad I need capitals and numbers. It has both of these, I'm on android tablet using Chrome.

AnthonyPandy Fri 27-Nov-15 20:03:52

I changed ages ago but it still has a previous name in the Username box when I type a reply and I have to type in AnthonyPandy every feckin' time.

Stokey Sat 28-Nov-15 11:09:14

I'm getting the same error trying to update my email address.

LadyNym Mon 30-Nov-15 18:24:41

I'm still getting the same thing if I try to NC.

BeccaMumsnet (MNHQ) Tue 01-Dec-15 11:43:46

Hi all - we've flagged this to Tech and we'll update you when we know more. Thanks for keeping up posted with the errors your receiving.

AnthonyPandy Tue 15-Dec-15 15:52:18

Any update BeccaMumsnet? I still have to type in my name for every single post I write.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now