Talk

Advanced search

Anyone else always click on wrong thread?

(27 Posts)

MNHQ have commented on this thread.

SomedayMyPrinceWillCome Tue 24-Nov-15 19:03:05

Just that really.
I'm using the MN app & I often click on a thread to read & something completely different opens up. Is it just me with fat fingers or do other users have the same problem?

BeccaMumsnet (MNHQ) Thu 26-Nov-15 12:35:37

Hi Someday - will just bump this for you to see if any other users are having this issue. Thanks for posting.

SomedayMyPrinceWillCome Thu 26-Nov-15 16:54:13

Just me with fat fingers huh?

SayrraT Sun 29-Nov-15 20:40:03

No, it happens to me too.

Underdogsbollocks Sun 29-Nov-15 20:42:09

Happens to me to, I thought it was fat fingers at first but convinced it is the app at fault now. Also when I'm on a thread where someone has posted a link the links always seem to open when I have touched nowhere near them.

Stinkyfeet Sun 29-Nov-15 20:42:32

Yep, and it's always a really long thread that takes ages to load before I can click back out of it.

LizKeen Sun 29-Nov-15 20:51:02

This happens to me on the mobile site.

Links are also impossible to select on the mobile site. I thought it was just my mobile, as it is a bit shit, but then I realised that I can select links easily on other sites. It is just MN that makes me want to throw the phone really hard against the wall.

Samsung Galaxy Fame, in case it matters.

Crankycunt Sun 29-Nov-15 20:51:05

Yup me too, I think it's my phone though, where the page hasn't loaded properly you think you're clicking on one thread but it's actually another.

usual Sun 29-Nov-15 20:54:43

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

MockTheWeek Sun 29-Nov-15 20:56:18

Yes it happens to me but I always assumed it was my fault. It can get very confusing when the content is completely unrelated to the topic I thought I was reading!

poorbuthappy Sun 29-Nov-15 20:55:53

Yep. Me too.

Groovee Sun 29-Nov-15 20:57:10

Happens to me too X

LizKeen Sun 29-Nov-15 21:09:02

I thought the same as Cranky so I started waiting until the page was completely loaded, and it still happens.

DawnMumsnet (MNHQ) Sun 29-Nov-15 22:27:49

Hi, thanks for letting us know. Sounds like this is a problem for some of you on the mobile site as well as the app, then.

MocktheWeek, poorbuthappy, Groovee, LizKeen and anyone else we've missed - can you let us know if you're using the app or the mobile site? Any details gratefully received so our Tech team can investigate.

Many thanks. flowers

gamerchick Sun 29-Nov-15 22:34:33

Heh I thought it was just me grin and yes it's always a really long one I have no interest in.

It's not a problem, just irritating. Mobile site. I just assumed some ads take a while to load and the screen jumps slightly.

LizKeen Sun 29-Nov-15 22:42:22

Well I already put that info. But I will write it again.

Mobile site using a Samsung Galaxy Fame.

MockTheWeek Mon 30-Nov-15 08:59:13

I use the app on iPhone.

VulcanWoman Mon 30-Nov-15 09:15:25

Yeah, happens to me, it's when my tablets playing up, on a go slow.

Perfectlypurple Mon 30-Nov-15 09:22:38

Yep, happens to me too. I just figured it was me. Only happ now on app on phone.

emotionsecho Mon 30-Nov-15 09:27:38

Happens to me when using the mobile site on Samsung Tablet, Google Chrome.

Wait ages for 'Most Active' page to load and then click on the thread I want to read only for it to load a thread either three above or three below the one I want.

I thought it was just another of those mobile site quirks of which there seem to be rather a lot.

BishopBrennansArse Mon 30-Nov-15 09:31:03

Yes when using the app

Groovee Mon 30-Nov-15 15:25:00

Using the app on my phone and iPad and it does it on both X

Hopelass Mon 30-Nov-15 15:38:23

Me too on iPhone app. Thought it was just me!!

Deedeecupcake Mon 30-Nov-15 16:17:32

This happens to me on the iPhone app, genuinely thought my fingers were just too fat to use the app grin

voodoolooloo Mon 30-Nov-15 22:12:32

I use the iPad app. It happens to me lots, thought it was my fat fingers. Also, if I click on a link, then click to go back to mumsnet (via the provided link) it takes me back to the main active convo list.
I'm using the app, happens on iPhone and iPad.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now