Talk

Advanced search

Why on earth is this thread in Trending

(17 Posts)

MNHQ have commented on this thread.

Maryz Mon 23-Nov-15 01:13:52

when it started in 2007, got it's first reply in 2008 and hasn't been posted on since January 2010?

www.mumsnet.com/Talk/films/348129-adrift-what-the-hell-happened-at-the-end?trending=1

Maryz Mon 23-Nov-15 01:14:19

In fact, is it the slowest thread on mumsnet, ever?

It does appear to be the slowest thread ever, how amusing. Maybe MNHQ might be interested, something has got a glitch somewhere on that one...

Maryz Mon 23-Nov-15 01:26:10

I'm very tempted to post a reply, just to keep it going grin

Bad Maryz. Don't feed the zombies!

StrawberryTeaLeaf Mon 23-Nov-15 01:51:00

Tech's obviously feeling very ironical grin

DoctorTwo Mon 23-Nov-15 06:48:46

That's even slower than a Dasnet thread! grin

DoctorTwo Mon 23-Nov-15 06:49:05

*Dadsnet dammit.

FrancesOldhamKelsey Mon 23-Nov-15 06:54:10

I saw an unawakened zombie thread on Active just the other day. Can't remember what it was though and got distracted before I reported. Baffled.

AuntieStella Mon 23-Nov-15 06:58:59

It got a bit tetchy.

People were still replying to OP without realising she had changed her mind 3 years ago and not liking having that pointed out to them.

I think there was a thread yesterday about the care and control of zombies. Keeping them off 'trending' (yeuch) might be a step in the right direction.

Does 'trending' just look at number of posts on a thread? If so that's probably what needs tweaking, into number of posts in last 2 days (or whatever time works) rather than number of posts ever.

StrawberryTeaLeaf Mon 23-Nov-15 07:14:12

Does 'trending' just look at number of posts on a thread?

That can't be it. The thread Maryz is posting about is only about six posts long. The last of those being years ago confused

ThumbWitchesAbroad Mon 23-Nov-15 09:19:35

I'm wondering if trending actually works on the number of posters looking at a thread rather than actually posting on it? Because it does seem to be inordinately fond of zombie threads!

momb Mon 23-Nov-15 09:29:10

Things reappear if they get spammed. HQ then delete the spam but the thread stays in active convos until it gets pushed off the bottom of the list. If it's a slow day it may appear in trending but not for long.

HairsprayQueen Mon 23-Nov-15 09:44:03

Perhaps the film was on somewhere and people were googling to see wtf (I haven't seen the film, just going by the thread) and it got lots of hits from Google.

I have no idea if that's plausible or how it works at all, just wondering!

Maryz Mon 23-Nov-15 10:45:08

I think we had a conversation about this before (when they changed it from Most Active to Treanding [bleurgh])

Apparently it looks at most posts on a thread on a rolling 15 minute basis, or something like that.

But reacently it's been a bit odd - disappearing at times, and freezing, and now picking up random threads from 8 years ago [baffled]

Hairspray's suggestion is, I suppose, plausible <clutches at straws> - the other option is that mn is broken again grin

StrawberryTeaLeaf Mon 23-Nov-15 11:09:10

Yes, that makes sense Hairspray

BeccaMumsnet (MNHQ) Mon 23-Nov-15 14:57:35

Hi all - looks like "trending" decided to do the opposite of what it was supposed to do this morning. We'll chat to Tech and see if we can find out what happened. Thanks for flagging everyone.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now