Talk

Advanced search

Page keeps reloading on Safari

(173 Posts)

MNHQ have commented on this thread.

OddSocksHighHeels Sun 22-Nov-15 19:45:30

Every thread I'm trying to read, the page will reload half way through. It's also doing it as I post so my posts are disappearing.

OddSocksHighHeels Sun 22-Nov-15 19:46:27

Like this.

OddSocksHighHeels Sun 22-Nov-15 19:52:58

Well it seems to have stopped since I posted this thread confused

As you were.

DawnMumsnet (MNHQ) Sun 22-Nov-15 19:59:56

OddSocksHighHeels

Well it seems to have stopped since I posted this thread confused

As you were.

Excellent news grin. These are our favourite Site Stuff threads - the self-solving ones.

MsVestibule Sun 22-Nov-15 21:03:08

Sorry Dawn, exactly the same thing is still happening with me! I'm on an iPhone5, 8.4.1 if that helps. Not that anybody will be investigating this at 9pm on a Sunday evening...

ladygracie Sun 22-Nov-15 21:05:37

Yes, it's happened to me a lot today too.

fusspot66 Sun 22-Nov-15 21:07:59

I'm on android web n walk
Samsung

Same problem.

Tuiles Sun 22-Nov-15 21:08:24

Me too ... Samsung native browser on Android

OddSocksHighHeels Sun 22-Nov-15 21:10:30

I spoke too soon. It's still happening. And it's taking ages for the letters I'm typing to actually appear on the screen as well.

Iwanttobeadog Sun 22-Nov-15 21:11:06

Ooo I thought it was the fault of my crap phone

DawnMumsnet (MNHQ) Sun 22-Nov-15 21:16:48

Rats! I spoke too soon. sad

Thanks for letting us know. We'll get our Tech folk to check things out. Interesting to see that it's happening on iPhone and android.

If anyone else is having the same problem, please add any details below.

Thanks all.

AgentProvocateur Sun 22-Nov-15 21:20:26

Yes, I phone6 on safari. Every thread says "there was an error with the page" or something then it reloads.

OddSocksHighHeels Sun 22-Nov-15 21:22:33

I've been checking it, if I have a proper ad at the bottom of the screen then it's fine. If I get the black square where an ad seems to be trying to load then I have problems. I don't know if that helps. Or makes any sense grin

OddSocksHighHeels Sun 22-Nov-15 21:23:06

This is what I mean

DawnMumsnet (MNHQ) Sun 22-Nov-15 21:35:36

Hi again OddSocks,

Yes, that makes sense, and yes, it helps!

Thanks. We'll get our Ads team on the case too.

SitDownMarlene Sun 22-Nov-15 22:42:32

I'm on android, Samsung & the tab keeps crashing. Loads fine & when I start to scroll, it crashes. Reload and repeat. Weirdly, if I am typing a post it is fine & it posts it ok. Then it crashes.

ladygracie Sun 22-Nov-15 23:07:11

I'm on iPhone 5 & it's safari. Mine was also doing the taking ages for what I've typed to appear.

ColetteTech (MNHQ) Mon 23-Nov-15 09:19:06

OddSocksHighHeels

I've been checking it, if I have a proper ad at the bottom of the screen then it's fine. If I get the black square where an ad seems to be trying to load then I have problems. I don't know if that helps. Or makes any sense grin

Hi OddSocks, does this ad ever load? If so, what brand is it for? If we're able to find that out then we can block them. We'll have a look for it too at HQ, thanks for reporting and sorry it's a pain for everyone.

P1nkP0ppy Mon 23-Nov-15 09:21:39

It keeps reloading on mini iPad too, driving me potty especially when I write a message and it crashes just as I finish angry
Sometimes I just give up.

OddSocksHighHeels Mon 23-Nov-15 11:26:43

Colette no it doesn't ever load so I have no idea what the ad is for, sorry.

ColetteTech (MNHQ) Mon 23-Nov-15 12:20:25

Ok, thanks both. If anyone's able to click on it and find out who the advertiser is, that would be extremely helpful. We'll keep looking too.

HHH3 Mon 23-Nov-15 14:59:57

I keep getting this too - it's driving me crazy.

I think (but I'm not 100% sure) that the ad is for panda pop.

BertrandRussell Mon 23-Nov-15 15:06:36

Happening to me too- I thought it was my aged iPad starting to die. Rather relieved to hear it's not.

Doesn't happen on my phone though- IPhone 5.

MilkTwoSugarsThanks Mon 23-Nov-15 15:10:54

I think it's a film one. I didn't click, but it kind of half loads and plays very slowly. At one point it says "This Boxing Day".

Any help?

DorothyDove Mon 23-Nov-15 15:47:48

Happening here too - on my iPhone 5s. Very annoying, can't see the ad I'm afraid!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now