Talk

Advanced search

I thought MN was supposed to be about support. Why delete a thread where someone was off loading about their work?

(57 Posts)
Egosumquisum Sat 21-Nov-15 15:21:48

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

MamaMary Sat 21-Nov-15 15:24:44

I agree. The OP of that thread had genuine grievances and was simply voicing them.

IMO it was nothing about to do with the fact it was a TAAT but that she complained about one of her pupils.

zeeboo Sat 21-Nov-15 15:31:09

What is TAAT?

ItsAllGoingToBeFine Sat 21-Nov-15 15:31:22

Thread About A Thread

sharonthewaspandthewineywall Sat 21-Nov-15 15:33:07

I think a certain poster was determined to read something into it that wasn't there and it's not the first time sadly

Toughasoldboots Sat 21-Nov-15 15:34:22

I have just come back to that thread and am really shocked to see that it was deleted.
There were no identifying details at all.
Felt sorry for the op.

Egosumquisum Sat 21-Nov-15 15:38:43

M4blues Sat 21-Nov-15 15:43:10

As I said in the chat thread,

It's got give the most ridiculous deletion I've seen in 12yrs of MN! The TAAT link was tenuous. The op was fine to vent. I really really don't see the problem
I think MNHQ have been more than a bit trigger happy in this case.

M4blues Sat 21-Nov-15 15:47:23

And surely MNHQ, there's a distinct difference between a thread inspired by another thread and one directly commenting on the earlier one? The op at no time commented on the other thread. I think it was only referenced once or twice by other posters. This deletion is so tenuous.

Fairenuff Sat 21-Nov-15 17:25:41

Who said it was deleted for being a TAAT?

HQ just said that it broke guidelines. That could mean that it was started by a PBP or broke some other guidelines.

If it's because it's a TAAT, HQ usually say so in their deletion message.

Egosumquisum Sat 21-Nov-15 17:27:42

Fairenuff Sat 21-Nov-15 17:33:40

Oh ok, I didn't see that post as when I came back, the thread had gone.

In that case, I agree, it wasn't about a specific thread, just a general moan.

LibrariesGaveUsP0wer Sat 21-Nov-15 17:35:08

I saw that one. I assumed it went for being too identifying on the child she works with. Was it really TAAT.

Gosh. Daft.

UnlikelyPilgramage Sat 21-Nov-15 17:36:15

I did think that thread would have been better in the staffroom, I agree that it was more inspired by another thread than about, but the sticking points for me were:

1. It named which thread it was about/inspired by and
2. It took a 'poor under appreciated school staff' tone when this wasn't the tone on the threads it was 'inspired' by!

Fairenuff Sat 21-Nov-15 17:43:12

The OP could always start another thread about being unhappy in her work. Personally I think she's in the wrong job or needs more training. However, this thread is now a TAAT so will no doubt be deleted too.

EmmanuelleMumsnet (MNHQ) Sat 21-Nov-15 18:01:11

Hi there,

Just a quick one to say we've seen this.

We had several reports saying it was a TAAT and that it should be deleted, and we agreed, and acted on those - but perhaps we should have spent a little longer reading the thread and considering both sides.

We'll definitely take all this on board for next time - thanks for all the comments flowers.

Mintyy Sat 21-Nov-15 18:02:31

God what a load of pathetic individuals for reporting that!

Toooldtobearsed Sat 21-Nov-15 18:17:23

It really was not a taat. It was a thread inspired by dozens of previous threads and WAs nothing more than a rant, similar to the rants many of us must have on occasion.
If anything, my post should have been deleted. I mentioned a couple of posts that supported the OPs stance, apologies for that, but I was fed up with the flack she was taking.
Another thread I have recently posted on is far more deserving of deletion imo, but still stands.
No rhyme nor reason sometimes......

M4blues Sat 21-Nov-15 18:40:55

Several people reported it for being a TAAT? Really??? How utterly ridiculous of them. It was simply a post by someone doing a difficult job under very difficult circumstances for very little pay. It's the end of the week and she'd obviously had a shitty one.

Glad we were all there able to support those people looking after the most vulnerable for the least (financial) reward. hmm

EeyoresTail Sat 21-Nov-15 22:26:14

It makes me wonder how many people have to report a thread before MNHQ blindly hit the delete button without reading it! shock

Samcro Sat 21-Nov-15 22:36:09

so glad mn hq deleted it. using a vulnerable child like the op did to get sympathy is wrong.

Mintyy Sat 21-Nov-15 22:44:08

Oh dear, I disagree with you there. I think people in stressful situations should be able to vent anonymously on Mumsnet. I disagree that she was using anyone.

Egosumquisum Sat 21-Nov-15 22:46:51

thornrose Sat 21-Nov-15 22:51:27

I read that thread, NO way did she use a vulnerable child to get symapthy. Bloody hell, is there nowhere left to vent without repercussions.

Samcro Sun 22-Nov-15 10:21:45

cheers thornrose

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now