Talk

Advanced search

Pop up requesting my location

(12 Posts)
EmpressKnowsWhereHerTowelIs Tue 17-Nov-15 07:42:34

I've had this pop up a couple of times, iPhone 5 mobile site. Google says it's related to Flash-based ads from their ad service.

I can't tell you what ad it was related to, sorry, but I didn't think it should be asking at all tbh. Does AdChoices have an option for blocking location-based ads?

hesterton Tue 17-Nov-15 07:42:59

Me too.

EmpressKnowsWhereHerTowelIs Tue 17-Nov-15 07:43:37

Sorry, this.

DonkeyOaty Tue 17-Nov-15 07:48:03

Turn location services off on your iPhone?

EmpressKnowsWhereHerTowelIs Tue 17-Nov-15 08:23:00

I know Donkey, but I have it on atm because it's sometimes useful - on MY terms though, not on some random ad server's. I'll probably just keep telling it to fuck off.

DonkeyOaty Tue 17-Nov-15 08:57:35

Hah at telling it to f off! You go, girlfriend <snake neck and snappy fingers>

ColetteTech (MNHQ) Tue 17-Nov-15 14:03:26

Hello, thanks for reporting this, if we can work out which advert is causing this pop-up then we can get it reported and blocked.

I can see easyjet in the (v. helpful) screengrab you've posted, has anyone else seen this ad & pop-up together? We also run an ad at the end of the page so I just want to check that that ad is not the perpetrator. Thanks!

EmpressKnowsWhereHerTowelIs Tue 17-Nov-15 18:11:59

Thanks Colette.

The ad at the bottom of the page was for TfL.

EmpressKnowsWhereHerTowelIs Wed 18-Nov-15 07:05:10

Hi Colette, just had the pop-up with the Easyjet ad again. There was a different ad at the bottom of the page this time.

ColetteTech (MNHQ) Thu 19-Nov-15 15:39:46

Interesting, looks like it is Easyjet then, we'll get right onto this- thanks!

EmpressKnowsWhereHerTowelIs Thu 19-Nov-15 17:36:57

Cheers!

Fugghetaboutit Fri 20-Nov-15 07:46:52

I've had this too and accidentally pressed allow ffs

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now