Talk

Advanced search

Search only shows reaults in aibu

(9 Posts)

MNHQ have commented on this thread.

OrangeSquashTallGlass Sat 14-Nov-15 16:52:02

If I search for something, my only results are threads in AIBU - which is particularly annoying as I'm trying to find something in Style & Beauty and cant be bothered to trawl through it.

Once I noticed, I tried a few random search words but it always did the same thing: AIBU related content only.

Obviously IABU!

FruVikingessOla Sat 14-Nov-15 17:13:33

You can refine your search to specific topics only. If you don't use that option, then it's more than likely you'll only find AIBU threads.

But if you specifically request S&B only then, with luck, you'll find the thread that you're looking for.

FruVikingessOla Sat 14-Nov-15 17:21:19

I don't know if this is of any help. But put the Style & Beauty topic into your Advanced Search - a bit like this - before you click on Search.

Queenbean Sat 14-Nov-15 17:22:54

I'm finding the same thing, and using the mobile site doesn't allow you to customise

Also, if i search for something and click on the result it only takes me to the opening post, not the one that I want to read which is somewhere further down the thread. Is this normal?

Blodss Sat 14-Nov-15 19:41:28

Im having trouble logging in on my laptop. It keeps showing that I have to log in even though I am already logged in.

OrangeSquashTallGlass Sun 15-Nov-15 10:57:31

Thanks Fru, like QB though I'm on the mobile site and you can't advanced search.

I use the search feature quite a lot and I didn't do this previously.

BeccaMumsnet (MNHQ) Mon 16-Nov-15 17:02:48

Hi Orange - we'll have a closer look and see if we can figure out what's occurring.

Which web browsers and phones are you using?

OrangeSquashTallGlass Wed 18-Nov-15 20:00:09

Thanks Becca, it seems to have sorted itself out!

BeccaMumsnet (MNHQ) Thu 19-Nov-15 12:50:24

Hi Orange - oh, fab! Please do shout if you get any further trouble.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now