Advanced search

how do i get to my last post in the thread?

(9 Posts)

MNHQ have commented on this thread.

trian Mon 02-Nov-15 20:15:35

sorry I can't seem to work it out!

cozietoesie Mon 02-Nov-15 20:59:03

I find that the easiest thing to do is to bookmark it before you leave the thread - I automatically bookmark the last thing I read or post. (Because of which, I can't remember whether using 'I'm on' would take you to a non-bookmarked post. Someone else may be able to advise on that one.)

(I suppose that I would go for looking for colours if, for some reason, I'd forgotten to bookmark. Do you have your own posts highlighted in a different colour? That would make a quick skim very easy.)

trian Tue 03-Nov-15 14:22:17

thanks cozie, where's the bookmark option? I can't see it anywhere, but then again I'm 37wks pregnant and suffering from sleep deprivation!

cozietoesie Tue 03-Nov-15 15:07:37

If you're on the desktop site, hover your mouse over the bottom right of the relevant post and it should appear - just click and the 'Bookmark' will turn to 'Saved' and that's you away.

On the App, you swipe the little arrow to the right hand side of the relevant post to the left; that should show three options, one of which is Bookmark. Hit that and everything should go back to where it was except that that post will have a Bookmark sign next to it.

If you're on the mobile site, I think you click the dots to the right of the post. Same sort of principle I guess but I just don't use that site.

(The bookmarks all link between the various sites by the way - eg do it on the desktop site and the same post will be bookmarked on the App.)

BeccaMumsnet (MNHQ) Tue 03-Nov-15 15:49:25

<runs in panting>

What cozie said! Too slow again!

needastrongone Tue 03-Nov-15 15:55:26

I do definitely wish you could go to your last post though..

I used to post a lot on another site, Runners World (can't run a step now, those were the days smile). When you visited a thread you had posted on, it automatically took you to your last post, which was great, as you could pick up where you left off.

I constantly forget to bookmark, I am crap.

trian Thu 05-Nov-15 12:38:59

thanks everyone, maybe i'm being very dim but i can't get it to work, i'm on a PC not a phone.
So if I hover where the xxx's are in this post, the option to Bookmark should appear? this doesn't work for me, sorry!!!

cozietoesie Thu 05-Nov-15 18:25:57

Now that is odd because it should be fine on a PC. (In fact, a little blue rectangle saying Bookmark should appear at the bottom right of the post as soon as you move the cursor over the post - it's just that you have to put your cursor over it and click to get it to change to Saved.)

What Operating System are you on? (I seem to recall that a few years back, I had various extensions enabled on Firefox which really interfered with some of the site functions and I had to get rid of a few of them - back then at any rate. I'm thinking that your PC may be having a moment.)

(I'd put you a picture up but my computer security isn't allowing screenshots at the moment, I'm afraid. Maybe someone else can oblige.)

trian Sat 07-Nov-15 13:19:53

thanks again cozie, i'm on a brand new laptop from PC world (bought about 6 months ago), can't remember what version of windows it is but it's the one where it defaults to the tablet/phone display with tiles and I have to press a special button to get the proper Windows desktop display!
It's good to know it's the computer and not me!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now