Talk

Advanced search

Prolific spammer on Primary Ed board

(49 Posts)

MNHQ have commented on this thread.

Feenie Wed 21-Oct-15 22:44:57

Please can you zap??

NaughtToThreeSadOnions Wed 21-Oct-15 22:48:02

Ahh I was wondering if to start a thread or not ive reported a few then I gave up there's so many

Feenie Wed 21-Oct-15 22:51:01

Me too - been going on for ages now, MNHQ must have all had early nights!

BertPuttocks Wed 21-Oct-15 22:52:54

I've reported it too but there's more appearing by the minute.

<nudges MNHQ>

Fuckitfay Wed 21-Oct-15 22:53:26

Is strange as the site the spammer is advertising is a well regarded site no? Assuming the spammer does in fact work for that site!! Talk about bringing the site's reputation down

Feenie Wed 21-Oct-15 22:54:10

Twenty eight threads now - I give up, going to bed angry

And FYI findingschools - no one on MN will use your shifty website now anyway. Dickheads.

EduCated Wed 21-Oct-15 22:54:29

You mean you don't want to know about the flash sale on the Good School Guide? shock

Won't somebody think of the children?!

Feenie Wed 21-Oct-15 22:54:38

Shitty!

NaughtToThreeSadOnions Wed 21-Oct-15 22:58:02

It's seems to be pretty much every thread now!

Feenie Wed 21-Oct-15 22:59:09

Emailed them (address on about section of website) to point out that spamming has probably alienated about 3 million parents in one go. Idiots.

reni2 Wed 21-Oct-15 23:03:38

findingschools seems to have form for this, they were banging on about this guide months ago.

Lurkedforever1 Wed 21-Oct-15 23:07:39

Yes, I got bored of reporting their stupid wanky spam too.

PigletJohn Wed 21-Oct-15 23:11:59

Feenie

that is a really excellent idea. I think I will too. I think it's also useful to say here and now that The Good School Guide are a bunch of immoral and dishonest spammers to try to get free advertising and are not trustworthy.

Fuckitfay Wed 21-Oct-15 23:47:08

Well here you go - silly us, it's not spam. I sent a message pointing out the spam was harming the site's rep....

PigletJohn Wed 21-Oct-15 23:52:15

time for a complaint to the Good Schools Guide.

office@goodschoolsguide.co.uk

caroline.skinner@goodschoolsguide.co.uk

advice@goodschoolsguide.co.uk

I see no reason why they should receive 60 identical complaints, do you?

reni2 Thu 22-Oct-15 00:03:37

Maybe we should post these email addresses on all threads in Primary Education so they don't get any business but plenty of complaints from this. People so rarely look in site stuff. Their links are up there long enough tonight to plausibly wash in business and if successful it will be repeated by others.

FFSYourself Thu 22-Oct-15 00:05:39

The good school guide web address Is www.goodschoolsguide.co.uk/subscribe the web site in the spammy posts starts with HTTP// it doesn't have the S (Ie not secure)

I think that means that it might not be anything to do with the good school guide and that it might be a cloned website?

NaughtToThreeSadOnions Thu 22-Oct-15 00:09:18

Is it me or is the reply to fuckit really unprofessional and surely if your a professional site you'd say something like "we provide an excellent guide to parents who value our directory of schools' not peeps need to know the truth. Who in business says peeps?! And there's no pros to the website.

Also they don't seem to understand what spam is!

NaughtToThreeSadOnions Thu 22-Oct-15 00:11:08

FFS given the language in the reply earlier in the thread it certainly looks that way!

Maryz Thu 22-Oct-15 00:24:41

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

PigletJohn Thu 22-Oct-15 00:25:20

FFS

if I click on the spammers link, it takes me to the HTTPS page.

Maryz Thu 22-Oct-15 00:27:00

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

reni2 Thu 22-Oct-15 00:35:24

I just fear it might work and they get business that way, doesn't matter if they irritate 100.000 if they get 1000 people paying up... Might lead to people copying this.

PigletJohn Thu 22-Oct-15 00:47:33

does anyone know why MN doesn't have out-of-ours volunteers trusted to delete spammers?

FFSYourself Thu 22-Oct-15 00:48:57

OH, I see that it does take you to the HTTPS site. If you just copy and paste the spammers website it doesn't have the S. I don't know if that's relevant or not. I typed it into a few whoois sites but it didn't enlighten me hmm

I doubt it's legit though. It sounds too fishy or should I say phishy . confused

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now