Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Messages not appearing to post but actually posting and the page doesn't refresh

(18 Posts)

MNHQ have commented on this thread.

Anastasie Wed 21-Oct-15 08:11:57

Anyone else? It's like, you post the message, and nothing happens except the radio buttons grey out, and then you wait for ages and nothing happens so you refresh and there it is, posted.

Sometimes.

Other times you lose it unless you copy it first.

Last couple of days it's been awful.

Is this a universal issue or just my browser? am on win 7 and IE (sorry tech)

Jux Wed 21-Oct-15 09:00:42

Yes, I'm getting this. I'm using an iPad and Safari.

It just seems to hang, doing nothing with the buttons greyed out. I tend to just close the tab and move on and then I find later that the post has actually happened!

Some pages are loading slowly too, but not all. I can't say what the difference is.

magimedi Wed 21-Oct-15 09:02:43

Same for me - desktop + firefox.

Jux Wed 21-Oct-15 09:03:18

This post went through, no problem for instance.

I'm not convinced it's the length of the thread though, as I posted on another short thread yesterday which seemed to be stuck, and this morning I see the post did go through, but much much later in the thread.

Jux Wed 21-Oct-15 09:05:31

But my last post didn't. I closed the tab.

Anastasie Wed 21-Oct-15 09:07:53

Ah well there you go, not just IE, thank goodness for that grin

I am having the same issue with slow/non loading of some pages too, not just long threads which is reasonably normal.

Thanks for posting Jux and Magi

Anastasie Wed 21-Oct-15 09:10:01

Oh and that one went through after about a minute, while I went onto a different tab and left it open.

I could see the tab change from static to 'loading' phase after 30 - 40 seconds or so.

Shakey15000 Wed 21-Oct-15 09:16:23

Same here. Also Threads I'm On doesn't work for me on desktop. Says there's a problem and tech is on the case. They appear on threads I'm watching so accessible. I guess I need to " clear cookies"? Only I don't know how to do that blush

IonaMumsnet (MNHQ) Wed 21-Oct-15 15:14:27

Hi folks. Thanks for letting us know about this. We've asked Tech to take a look. In the meantime, if anyone who hasn't already done so could let us know what device and browser they are using, that would be really helpful. Thanks!

GuledTech (MNHQ) Wed 21-Oct-15 15:48:42

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Anastasie Wed 21-Oct-15 16:28:59

Oh thank you.

Meanwhile, did tech say something naughty? grin

Was he being sweary about the luddites who are still on IE?

Come on, fess up.

wigglesrock Wed 21-Oct-15 16:51:32

Yup, it happened to me last night - ipad Safari although my post did post. However it has just happened whilst I'm using my HTC phone and it looks like my very informative post on the joys of My Little Pony grin hasn't posted as yet.

Jux Wed 21-Oct-15 17:01:16

Ooh! I think that's the first time I've seen an MN post deleted. They really should come up with a very special deletion message for that!

Anastasie Wed 21-Oct-15 18:26:34

Jux grin I think one of them did it a few months ago too. It was quite exciting!

Jux Wed 21-Oct-15 21:10:12

I would the deletion message to read thusly: Message deleted by MNHQ because MNHQ said " and then to insert exactly what MNHQ had said ", or perhaps something like a Monty Pythonesque "He's not the Messiah; he's a very naughty boy."

Anyone got any idea what Tech said? grin

Jux Wed 21-Oct-15 21:13:40

Was it perhaps a cry for help? Handcuffed to the server with only every other Sunday off, and no gin? I can hear them all crying out for freedom as we sip our g&ts primly and type one handed while feeding baby and complaining about wife work.

usual Wed 21-Oct-15 21:30:54

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Anastasie Thu 22-Oct-15 07:49:47

LOL.

I expect he just did a trial post and used the standard deletion message to get rid of it because he was being serious and couldn't be faffed to think of an interesting one.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now