Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Welcome to mumsnet - Introduce yourself thread?

(25 Posts)
Cherrybakewells1 Sun 18-Oct-15 17:09:11

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

PerspicaciaTick Sun 18-Oct-15 17:12:57

I think it would get a bit bogged down - there are millions on MNers. And we all namechange all the time.

The best thing is usually to jump in and get talking in the topics that interest you.

usual Sun 18-Oct-15 17:13:40

usual Sun 18-Oct-15 17:14:52

MaudGonneMad Sun 18-Oct-15 17:16:29

Too twee.

Sparklingbrook Sun 18-Oct-15 17:17:34

What usual said. Not much point introducing yourself if you are going to namechange once an hour.

HubertsBirthdayStick Sun 18-Oct-15 17:18:18

Defo too twee. Site is too big. And on some MN advice page it says to ignore names IE a row on one thread doesnt mean you wont be bessie buds on another.

So an intro page may go against that philosophy?

ArkhamOffitt Sun 18-Oct-15 17:28:24

Gawd no, so twee.
"Hi, I'm Mummeeluvshergirly1992"
So what? Get typing, by thy posting shall we 'know' thee.

ClashCityRocker Sun 18-Oct-15 17:34:32

Nope, too twee.

One of the things I like about MN is the 'just jump in' ethos and the relative anonymity. It would change the culture of the site - and to be honest if I'm getting stuck in to a debate I don't give much of a shit if they've got three handsome princes aged 3, 7 and 9 and like long walks on the beach and lazy Sunday mornings.

Also, it's simply too big to work.

MidnightRed Sun 18-Oct-15 17:39:07

God no. Awful idea sorry. One of the great things about MN is the absence of a twee intros section.

LilacSpunkMonkey Sun 18-Oct-15 17:40:46

Very twee.

Please let's not.

Pixi2 Sun 18-Oct-15 17:44:35

Let's not. Surely if that's what profiles are for? (Hence why mine is blank). I name change regularly.

LilacSpunkMonkey Sun 18-Oct-15 17:45:56

Crikey, OP, you've suggested sticky threads on three different boards now?

Just join in with the posting. This is weird.

MaudGonneMad Sun 18-Oct-15 17:49:10

Agree Lilac

ClashCityRocker Sun 18-Oct-15 17:50:13

Mn doesn't really use much sticky threads anyway, does it?

not for normal threads anyway.

Floggingmolly Sun 18-Oct-15 17:50:46

Then we could say Hi, welcome rosiesnapdragon I'm cherrybakewell
Do you expect the whole of Mumsnet to acknowledge your arrival, op? No offence, but you you spend most of your time around small children? confused

Floggingmolly Sun 18-Oct-15 17:51:25

do you

ClashCityRocker Sun 18-Oct-15 17:55:00

Also, if you mention baking, it will swiftly turn into a bunfight about whether quinoa is ethical or not.

Or if homemade jam is an acceptable Christmas present.

Some poor fecker will walk in lol-ing and Hun-ing and get eaten alive.

Or every response will be 'did you vote Tory?'

Twould be carnage.

BertieBotts Sun 18-Oct-15 17:56:16

No thanks. I never know what to put on those things, they confuse me. And I hate it on other sites when you're expected to cross reference the user's welcome post (which who knows if you even read) rather than ask questions when relevant, like "Do you have children/how old/are you married?"

OnePlanOnHouzz Sun 18-Oct-15 17:58:37

Hi Cherry !! Welcome to Mumsnet !! thanks

My suggestion from here on is a quick name change and then just jump in and comment were you fancy !!!
Happy mumsnetting !!

MardyBra Sun 18-Oct-15 18:05:01

Hi I'm Mardy. I'm an ageing grumpy fat bitch with teenagers who are turning out ok in spite of my neglectful parenting. I like drinking Polish vodka, challenging queue-jumpers, playing candy crush and ogling the bums of the dancers on Strictly.

Something like that you mean?

Cherrybakewells1 Sun 18-Oct-15 18:18:55

MardyBra Sun 18-Oct-15 18:23:34

It's all true Cherry.

Don't worry about the negative feedback. It's a natural MN reaction against the tweeness that is nethuns with their sparkly tickers and general blandness. Just get stuck in grin

Ferguson Mon 19-Oct-15 23:30:52

But there USED to be 'public profiles' - would that not achieve a similar function? But it appears to have been closed down now.

CactusAnnie Mon 19-Oct-15 23:44:59

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now