Talk

Advanced search

Virtual friendship bench idea

(8 Posts)

MNHQ have commented on this thread.

Cherrybakewells1 Sun 18-Oct-15 17:00:01

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

toddlerwrangling Sun 18-Oct-15 17:07:02

Sure, why not! I love the friendship bench thing. Wish it had been a thing when I was at school! The MN local sites have friendship bench threads I think.

ClashCityRocker Sun 18-Oct-15 17:38:03

I think there are a few similar threads around - the wavy thread, the sweary thread for the more robust, a thread in mental health for those who need support...of course, non of these are stickies.

I guess people in different circumstances want different things...its a nice idea though, maybe you could start one?

LilacSpunkMonkey Sun 18-Oct-15 17:43:34

What's your obsession with sticky threads, OP?

Cherrybakewells1 Sun 18-Oct-15 18:06:44

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

IonaMumsnet (MNHQ) Sun 18-Oct-15 22:31:59

Hi Cherry! Thanks for the threads. We're always happy to hear new ideas and get feedback on what other posters think, too. Interesting thoughts so far. We're reading. Do let us know what you all reckon.

Queenbean Sun 18-Oct-15 22:34:51

It's a nice idea but unnecessary as a sticky - there are already too many sponsored threads / stickies to scroll through

If someone wants to constitute they can mark place or add to watch list as normal

AnchorDownDeepBreath Sun 18-Oct-15 22:36:57

Agreed, lovely thread idea but please don't sticky it, it takes up loads of room and there's a pile of promoted and stickied threads already.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now