Voice adverts!

(63 Posts)

MNHQ have commented on this thread.

How do I stop the awful voice over adverts that keep appearing? One for Radox and now one with some bloke talking about London being the most popular city. It's driving me batty! The only thing that stops them is to close down mumsnet everytime.

madhairday Sat 10-Oct-15 18:01:30

I keep getting the really annoying radox ad, it makes me jump everytime, I do not want to listen to random ads on mn thanks. It also freezes my page repeatedly. Not impressed.

Allalonenow Sat 10-Oct-15 19:15:06

How can I turn off the adverts with sound????
They are driving me mad!!!!!

Even when you click to turn them off, they spring back to life again a few seconds later.

I can't concentrate on reading the thread when they are playing smile

And late at night when they suddenly start, they are really creepy.

AyeAmarok Sat 10-Oct-15 21:37:46

Oh these fucking adverts. angry

Please sort it out HQ.

I'm getting one about some Transilvanian movie or something.

How am I supposed to pretend to be working and have a sneaky stealth MN browse on my phone when suddenly my phone starts playing trailers for movies and adverts out loud!!!

You're going to get me fired <blame shifts>. Please fix it!

DawnMumsnet (MNHQ) Sat 10-Oct-15 22:38:59

Oh dear, we're really sorry if you're being bombarded with noisy adverts. sad

Can you all please let us know which devices you're using, which version of the site (mobile, desktop, app) and if possible which browser.

We'll get our Annoying Ads team on the case.

I'm using a laptop, Firefox, mobile site.
Not had any so far this morning.

ovaryhill Sun 11-Oct-15 10:37:19

I'm getting the hotel Transylvania one one on my phone
Very annoying if trying to browse quietly somewhere
I'll de register if it continues

Allalonenow Sun 11-Oct-15 11:04:19

Hello Dawn
I'm using a laptop with Vista operating system, and my browser is Mozilla Firefox, I'm just on the ordinary site, not mobile or app.

AyeAmarok Sun 11-Oct-15 11:14:58

I'm on an android phone, on the mobile site using Dolphin.

And I swear after I wrote that post above mentioning the name of the annoying advert it is happening on nearly every thread! Does it know I'm talking about it? confused

madhairday Sun 11-Oct-15 11:31:26

I'm on a laptop in firefox.

Haven't had any yet when using mobile site.

Please sort them, it's spoiling my MN time grin - whenever it happens the whole page freezes and I have to Ctrl-Alt-Del to shut down the whole ruddy thing hmm

Egosumquisum Sun 11-Oct-15 13:27:23

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

DawnMumsnet (MNHQ) Sun 11-Oct-15 13:53:39

Okay, so the problem's occurring on both the desktop and mobile site. Thanks for letting us know - our Ad team are on the case.

Oh, and sorry! We know how infuriating this can be.

ColetteTech (MNHQ) Mon 12-Oct-15 10:12:19

Hi all, it would be really helpful if you could let us know the specific advertisers you're seeing who have auto-play adverts with sound, it would be great if you can also post a screengrab too.

We don't allow ads that auto-play sound on the site so we'll get these blocked as soon as possible.

AyeAmarok Mon 12-Oct-15 13:13:44

I'm still getting the Transilvanian Hotel movie one.

"Dennis said his first word" "<baby noise> "I don't say blah blah blah ", or something like that. hmm

AyeAmarok Mon 12-Oct-15 13:19:23

I swear it knows I'm talking about it! I'm getting it on every thread again, aaaaargh!

And the "blah blah blah" is tipping me over the edge. Honestly, how do they think that this will make anyone want to see this film!

tiggytape Mon 12-Oct-15 13:24:28

A Radox shower one. It appears in a black box just above Blog of the Day on the PC format screen. It doesn't start playing until the page has been open for a while eg reading a long thread.

Then once the Radox ad is over it goes straight to a sequence with the logo T2V.TV in the corner. It shows scenes of London with an American voiceover talking about London and "Buck - Ing -Ham Palace"

tiggytape Mon 12-Oct-15 13:26:04

I haven't had the blah blah blah blah one.
Just a man in the shower and highlights of London!

madhairday Mon 12-Oct-15 16:42:56

Still getting the Radox one, but can't screenshot as it honestly freezes down my page every.single.time. Like pp said though it doesn't start immediately, but I know when it's coming because everything slows down. Please get rid, I've hardly MNd in last few days because of this. It's out to get me, I swear.

It's made me want to boycott Radox forever, tbh grin

AmyGMumsnet (MNHQ) Mon 12-Oct-15 16:52:55

Thanks for the added information, that's really helpful.

We've passed the details of those specific ads over to the ad team who will be taking a look. Thanks very much for your patience! flowers

Allalonenow Mon 12-Oct-15 19:52:22

Oh yes, I've been getting the views of London one, but it's much better today, far fewer of them since last night.

The worst part of them is that if you have the "View Pages" setup option, as I do, then every time you open a new page they spring into life grin

notthe1Parrot Mon 12-Oct-15 21:36:36

Still happening here - most recent one at 21:32 - the Radox one.

KnobJockey Mon 12-Oct-15 22:44:59

Still here too! Radox, and a football one. Using desktop site on Firefox.

The damn Radox ad! and the London one! Arrrggghhh! It seems to use up lots of broadband too...am on a limited allowance.

Allalonenow Tue 13-Oct-15 00:06:42

Just on midnight and getting a high speed car, and then Fosters lager, don't they know this is MN and we all drink gin!

More ads this morning. It is beyond annoying and ruins the mumsnet experience...<wanders off to research netmums voice ad policy>.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now