Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Wowzers! We’ve been nominated for a Website of the Year award. So, erm, would you please vote for us?

(75 Posts)
JustineMumsnet (MNHQ) Mon 21-Sep-15 10:53:45

Hello, hello,
Remarkably it seems we’ve been nominated for a 2015 Website of the Year award (if it was you who nominated us, bless you!), in the Community category for platforms for discussion of best practice in parking and sharing knowledge, information and ideas.

We’re up against a few wee start-ups such as Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn. So if you were of a mind to vote for us, please do!

The voting period runs from today (Monday 21 September) until Friday 30 October.

Voting is easy. Just click on this link

Choose the ‘Communities’ category.

Choose your favourite website <that would be Mumsnet>

Rate the site out of a possible five stars <five is an awfully nice round number don’t you think?>

Confirm your vote.

That’s it.

Thanks very much for your support flowers

And if you vote for Twitter instead… well, of course, that’s absolutely FINE <slams door>

HoneyDragon Mon 21-Sep-15 10:55:54

<ahem> I have reported this thread. We're not suppose to link to these voting type things you know. <stern>

<sniggers>

AlpacaLypse Mon 21-Sep-15 11:03:38

Done Justine, since you asked so nicely!

HoneyDragon Mon 21-Sep-15 11:08:26

Creep wink

Racundra Mon 21-Sep-15 11:12:24

Wot honeyd said! That's vote rigging, norty Justine.
You should have asked us to vote for your baby, hun.

JustineMumsnet (MNHQ) Mon 21-Sep-15 11:13:51

<I'll get me coat>

HoneyDragon Mon 21-Sep-15 11:30:41

See, that's the problem with people who've been here years. Shocking sense of entitlement, anyone would think you owned the place with that kind of behaviour. Terrible example for the newbies. Racundra is right, it's a slippery from this to voting for babies with ribbons glued on their heads.

JustineMumsnet (MNHQ) Mon 21-Sep-15 11:44:53

I don't know what you're talking about.
Vote for me!

Maryz Mon 21-Sep-15 11:47:43

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

glenthebattleostrich Mon 21-Sep-15 11:51:01

So when we've voted you post the gin, correct? If you're going to rig votes you might as well add in a little bribery!

Cocolepew Mon 21-Sep-15 12:03:25

I voted for you because you asked nicely, and apparently are going to give us gin.
But I really like Pinterest better.

sugar21 Mon 21-Sep-15 12:03:59

Done
I was definietly not going to vote for facebrag and Justine seems like a nice girl smile brownnosernonotmegrin

WeirdCatLadySaysFuckOffJeffrey Mon 21-Sep-15 12:16:25

I've voted but obviously I can't say who I voted for. wink

HoneyDragon Mon 21-Sep-15 12:27:13

<eyebrows>

Where's Olivia? She's good at this sort of thing.

JustineMumsnet (MNHQ) Mon 21-Sep-15 12:32:01

We've locked her in the shed.

ShowOfHands Mon 21-Sep-15 12:33:01

I'm a member of the online pillbox study group but shockingly, they haven't been nominated.

I suppose I can bring myself to vote for you lot instead.

AlpacaLypse Mon 21-Sep-15 12:33:10

At least send some gin in with her! Poor Olivia.

BertieBotts Mon 21-Sep-15 12:33:50

The website looks awfully spammy. Can't I vote without supplying my email address? <suspicious> I've never heard of website of the year before! Can you please provide us with some credentials? <sits on vote>

gallicgirl Mon 21-Sep-15 12:39:48

If I vote can you promise that I won't have to change my password again? It's awfully difficult to remember.

TheOddity Mon 21-Sep-15 12:43:52

There is only one way to vote at my level of addiction.

magimedi Mon 21-Sep-15 12:49:06

Am just the same as Bertie - really don't want to give my email address & can't be arsed to set up yet another email for this.

WorraLiberty Mon 21-Sep-15 12:49:38

Done

Bertie you can always make a quick throwaway email address, like hotmail or something.

BertieBotts Mon 21-Sep-15 12:52:29

Yeah but that's way too much effort. I mean I could do a 10 minute mail for it but it doesn't even look official, so I'm suspicious.

Shannith Mon 21-Sep-15 12:57:14

Voted. Now... You really should enter for the British Media Awards

<not as incognito as I should be>

FuckYouChrisAndThatHorse Mon 21-Sep-15 13:00:19

Done. I keep an email address just for spam and nothing else.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now