Talk

Advanced search

Have the highlight OP and my posts gone?

(5 Posts)
SilverdaleGlen Thu 10-Sep-15 10:32:18

Just rejoined and tried to customise my account to make threads readable but can't find where you colour the OP posts and my posts in?

Threads are completely impossible to read without?!

DrPiggle Thu 10-Sep-15 12:50:25

Same situation, just rejoined with a new account and cannot find this option.

Simurgh Thu 10-Sep-15 13:04:42

The old Customise appears to have been zapped and MNHQ won't discuss the matter. Such is life - it's their ba' I guess.

SilverdaleGlen Sat 12-Sep-15 10:16:29

Rubbish!

Simurgh Sat 12-Sep-15 10:32:23

This is what RebeccaMumsnet posted on another thread. It responds specifically to a post viewing question but is, I think, of more general application. Make of it what you will.

'Hi all,

Apologies for the lack of response.

The reasoning behind the changes to viewing all posts in one page was because it slows the site down so we removed this option for new users. We wanted to remove it for everyone but we compromised and allowed users who had chosen that already to be able to keep it.

Maintaining multiple styles is a technical nightmare we can't afford so we are phasing the vast array of selections in customise out by removing options for new users. Again, compromising to let existing users keep the options.

By choosing to open a new account, alas the privileges associated with older accounts are no longer available.

On the whole, we believe that the functionality has improved vastly across the site. We do understand that those who have been around a while and have their settings a specific way will find changes and updates difficult and we try, where possible, to keep these to a minimum but we do have to make sure the site runs as smoothly as possible for the majority of people across all platforms, including mobile, which doesn't lend itself well to multiple dropdowns and minor changes in customise and so we have to limit these.

Sadly, we can't change on a case-by-case basis as this is a tech nightmare.

If you have any accessibility issues we can help with then please do let us know.'

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now