annoying ads appearing each side of screen on "threads Im on"

(10 Posts)
skyeskyeskye Tue 08-Sep-15 17:45:22

Whenever I go into Threads Im On, I get an annoying O2 advert on each side of the screen. It is only happening on that page. It says something like JustPremium in the top right corner of the screen.

Why is this? Is it MN or my computer? How do I stop it? Can it be stopped?!

I use TIO a lot, but this will put me off using it. It will put me off MN altogether if it starts appearing on other pages too!

dodobookends Wed 09-Sep-15 00:33:33

Gives me the rage too, hate it. Slows my laptop down a lot as well.

Bogeyface Thu 10-Sep-15 08:20:47

Driving me barmy too.

BeccaMumsnet (MNHQ) Thu 10-Sep-15 17:25:16

Hi everyone - thanks for posting. We'll forward your feedback to our Ads team.

Bogeyface Thu 10-Sep-15 17:33:58

Just happened

skyeskyeskye Fri 11-Sep-15 09:17:47

great big paypal adverts today with rugby players each side!

It is actually very distracting from trying to read the MN bit in the middle!

Bogeyface Fri 11-Sep-15 14:59:04

In the last half an hour had both of these, totally fed up with them, I block ads for a reason!

BIWI Fri 11-Sep-15 21:44:54

The best thing I ever did (sorry MNHQ) was install AdBlocker. Here and on FB it has made my user experience so much better.

I really don't have an issue with MN taking advertising, as I really get that this continues to make MN free for us all to use, but the ads were becoming so intrusive it was positively unpleasant.

Bogeyface Sun 20-Sep-15 14:22:08

This one is spectacularly annoying, it just takes over and makes navigating the page impossible as its so intrusive.

I dont see why I should have to install software to prevent this

BIWI Sun 20-Sep-15 14:23:37

It is free software, Bogeyface. And it's really interesting seeing how many ads are being blocked. Already on this thread it's blocked 4!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now