Talk

Advanced search

Am I allowed to write posts about my work (a charity) on threads?

(3 Posts)
TheUltimate Tue 08-Sep-15 16:35:32

I work for a charity who helps people (trying to be as vague as possible). Am I allowed to link to news/information/awareness if it is relevant to a thread?

I don't want to encourage people to donate/ask for money etc. but would like the opportunity to discuss relevant information in relation to my work and the subject of a thread.

Is this frowned upon?

Simurgh Tue 08-Sep-15 20:16:56

I suspect that the 'relevant to a thread' is crucial. People obviously post on MN drawing on their own experience(s) but you wouldn't want to either proselytise or be someone of whom people thought 'Oh that's just TheUltimate banging on about xxxxxx as usual'.

To my mind, sensitivity is probably your key rather than following some strict policy guideline - but other posters and ultimately MNHQ may have other views.

TheUltimate Tue 08-Sep-15 21:22:07

Thanks Simurgh, I spoke with MNHQ earlier and their response was similar. I don't want to appear as if mentioning my charity's work was a sideway attempt at recruiting donors which will not be my intention at all!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now