Talk

Advanced search

I wasn't on "the list" but my email account has been hacked. Anyone else?

(18 Posts)
TitsOnAFish Fri 21-Aug-15 23:37:28

I wasn't on the list, but tonight we've noticed that our email account has been hacked. They have, also, managed to mess about with our internet settings somehow. confused.

ChristineDePisan Fri 21-Aug-15 23:38:31

what do you mean by hacked? And what is up with your internet settings?

SantasLittleMonkeyButler Fri 21-Aug-15 23:39:32

Yeah, I wasn't on the list and am also having problems!

BuckyLastard Fri 21-Aug-15 23:40:17

I wasn't hacked but someone has had a go at resetting my password and Dropbox account but as it wasn't done via my phone which both are linked too, they've had no luck.

LibrariesGaveUsP0wer Fri 21-Aug-15 23:42:14

Did you ever use your email address to log in and does your email have the same password as your mn one?

TitsOnAFish Fri 21-Aug-15 23:42:48

They've sent spam emails to all our contacts, some emails have been read.

They've changed the parental controls on the internet settings and limited access.

TitsOnAFish Fri 21-Aug-15 23:44:25

No, I didn't use my email address and the password is different. Most of the emails that go there are junk. It's weird, it's never happened before.

RustyParker Fri 21-Aug-15 23:49:21

I'm not on the list either and someone tried to reset my fb password.

lloydlf76 Fri 21-Aug-15 23:51:32

Where is the list? How do you know if you're in it?

LastAnni Fri 21-Aug-15 23:59:32

Was your email password the same as your Mumsnet password?

RainbowRoses Sat 22-Aug-15 00:03:06

Are you using the MN app?

HarrietSchulenberg Sat 22-Aug-15 00:04:50

There's been a lot of non-MN hacking lately. Are you with TalkTalk, as I've just had a letter from them about my details having been stolen in the Carphone Warehouse hack?

I regularly get people trying to hack my FB but so far, no cigar.

Chances are it's not related.

BotoxBitch Sat 22-Aug-15 00:05:25

Mmmm interesting I wasn't on list but I've been hacked. Done some reserve n collects in currys in Derby. Live nowhere near there

TitsOnAFish Sat 22-Aug-15 00:09:08

Not using the app and my password for MN and the email account are very different.

I hope it's not related, tbh. It's a bloody odd thing to do.

hackedoffnow Sat 22-Aug-15 00:10:18

My phone has been playing up all evening. Is anyone having trouble with MN tonight? Screen keeps on resetting page etc

WastingValuableTime Sat 22-Aug-15 00:10:23

Yahoo seem to be having problems at the mo, my work account has had hundreds as it's used by the general public, then saved in their contacts. A lot of the spam is coming from people who I'm very certain are not mumsnetters.

I've had a few through to my personal as well, again I'm sure not related to use of MN.

wafflyversatile Sat 22-Aug-15 00:10:23

I expect a number of mumsnetter's internet security is breached every day.

GamerCh1ck Sat 22-Aug-15 00:10:41

I must admit, yesterday while using the husbands laptop to try and get Into my usual account on mumsnet it chucked a wobbler, the antivirus or whatever froze the whole machine and nothing would work until it was disabled. The husband went a bit tight lipped and bug eyed and banned me from using mumsnet on his laptop.

Probably nothing but worth mentioning maybe. I wasn't on the list.

Phones fine though.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now