Talk

Advanced search

Trying to deregister but getting the buscuit

(13 Posts)
TheCowThatLaughs Tue 18-Aug-15 22:50:44

Just as the title says, I want to delete my account, but when I put my email in and press the button to dereg, I get taken to the biscuit page. Help please smile

differentnameforthis Wed 19-Aug-15 04:08:20

Report your post or use this contactus@mumsnet.com

They are very busy, mind.

GGabcd Wed 19-Aug-15 08:20:14

Yup, me too.

So your site is completely unsafe with non-existent security for your users and that list of Mumsnet Staff passwords that the hacker posted was very enlightening as to how little you all care about security in general.

And now I can't even deregister?

PlainHunting Wed 19-Aug-15 08:22:13

Same here.

Can't change my password or de register.

I think the site should close down ASAP for the security of all users.

GGabcd Wed 19-Aug-15 08:22:26

OH, I actually got a reply to my deregister request.

DeandraReynolds Wed 19-Aug-15 08:30:47

I am having the same problem.

AuntieStella Wed 19-Aug-15 08:46:26

If I understood the post on the stickied thread correctly, it's sheer volume of requests and you'll just have to keep trying.

DonkeyOaty Wed 19-Aug-15 09:06:01

You do realise that deregistering does not mean all your posts are automatically withdrawn/deleted? If you want all your posts withdrawn/deleted then you will need to email HQ and request this. Up to them if they agree to do so. Sorry if am bearer of bad news.

sebsmummy1 Wed 19-Aug-15 09:16:26

The dereg page does seem to be partially working as I received an automated email off the back of it and I've asked to be deregistered. Just waiting now.

sebsmummy1 Wed 19-Aug-15 09:17:24

Btw I don't need any posts taken off as most of mine are to do with my infertility. I just don't trust the site with my security data and want off.

SoupDragon Wed 19-Aug-15 09:20:28

that list of Mumsnet Staff passwords that the hacker posted was very enlightening as to how little you all care about security in general.

As I understand it, the list of passwords was from people who were "phished"

DeandraReynolds Wed 19-Aug-15 09:26:50

Well, that's one theory Soup but it doesn't look like anyone really knows.

bodenbiscuit Wed 19-Aug-15 09:28:12

If the site closes down then the trolls will get exactly what they wanted.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now