Talk

Advanced search

Hidden noisy...adverts?

(10 Posts)
OldRoan Thu 13-Aug-15 16:13:48

Every so often, noise will start playing if I'm on a mumsnet page. I have other tabs open (Google Chrome), but it is Mumsnet with the little loudspeaker icon, so I know it's coming from Mumsnet. It sounds like one of the adverts where the embedded video clip starts playing automatically, but there are no moving adverts at the time (and no adverts that seem to relate to it).

It's quite faint, and hard to make out. It's weird.

KanyesVest Thu 13-Aug-15 16:18:39

I was just going to ask why a strange man is talking to me through Mumsnet! I can hear it clearly - it sounds like a Steve Jobs type wandering around a stage trying to flog me a phone. He's just disappeared again...

Madeleine10 Thu 13-Aug-15 16:26:03

Same here - a woman seems to be showcasing some sort of tech thing (mention of camera), and so far it's happened each time I click on a topic in AIBU.

Elysianfields Thu 13-Aug-15 16:29:29

I think its the samsung ad, driving me nuts. I listen to music on my PC so I have had to choose - music or Mumsnet. Music may well win!

BeccaMumsnet (MNHQ) Thu 13-Aug-15 16:31:54

Hi everyone - we'll pass this on to our Ads team. Thanks for the info.

TheGirlFromIpanema Thu 13-Aug-15 16:42:19

Godawful annoying samsung adverts!

Was trying to get my dnephew off to sleep, whilst quitely mnetting next to him when the samsung blokey starts shouting all over the shop! AAAARGGGHH angry

BeccaMumsnet (MNHQ) Thu 13-Aug-15 16:43:56

Hi all - does anyone have a screen grab of this ad? Thanks

OldRoan Thu 13-Aug-15 16:54:20

Oh thank goodness, I thought I was losing the plot!

Becca, I can't screengrab it because I can't work out which advert it is (if that makes sense). It doesn't seem to be linked to one on the screen.

LettuceLaughton Thu 13-Aug-15 16:59:07

I use adblocker except on MN ('cause I luffs you) but I will have to turn it on here too if that damned advert doesn't quit it! I can't work out which one it is either though, or I'd just zap it confused

Elysianfields Thu 13-Aug-15 17:18:36

Sorry Becca, I can't, I went away for 5 and the ad has now gone. It was definitely the Samsung one though, on the top sometimes or on the right just above the jobs ad. I have a nice silent American express one there now

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now