Talk

Advanced search

posts going into I'm watching automatically

(10 Posts)

MNHQ have commented on this thread.

this never used to happen, I could post and see them on 'I'm on' but they never went into 'I'm watching' unless I ticked the box, now it seems as if the box is ticked by default and I forget to untick it every time. can anyone tell me if there is away to untick it as a default position? and why has this suddenly started happening?

PurpleDaisies Wed 12-Aug-15 18:01:02

Where have you been? This is an on purpose "improvement" by MNHQ that caused a lot of controversy last week. You can turn it off through the custom menu. Luckily mine hasn't started doing it yet.

PurpleDaisies Wed 12-Aug-15 18:02:18

www.mumsnet.com/Talk/site_stuff/2441116-Heads-up-Improvements-to-watched-threads-coming

littlejohnnydory Thu 13-Aug-15 14:06:31

Came to site stuff specially because this has really been annoying me.

OliviaBenson Thu 13-Aug-15 14:11:06

Annoys me too! Why has it changed? If it ain't broke and all that....

BeccaMumsnet (MNHQ) Thu 13-Aug-15 14:32:15

Hi everyone - please do check this thread as PurpleDasies has said above.

actually purple I have been away dealing with a death in the family! but thanks for the tip, it all by passed me so glad to know it can be turned off.

PurpleDaisies Thu 13-Aug-15 17:03:51

Sorry to hear that stepawayfromtheEccles cakes. Hope you're doing ok.

My "where have you been?" was meant to be a light hearted jokey comment and I hope you weren't offended.

Condolences to you and your family. flowers

thanks purple its ok I was a bit miffed but realised it was not meant in a nasty way, my response was a bit off though so apols from me.

PurpleDaisies Fri 14-Aug-15 13:18:24

No problem at all stepaway smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now