Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Threads I'm On and Threads I'm Watching - are you listening to us MNHQ?

(44 Posts)

MNHQ have commented on this thread.

BIWI Thu 06-Aug-15 20:44:54

They are totally different things.

We use them differently.

Lots of us have told you this, but there's been no response from you or the Tech team.

How on earth did you think that this was an improvement?

And why aren't you responding to us?

anythingforaquietnight Thu 06-Aug-15 20:46:19

Yes, completely agree.

Are MNHQ on their summer hols and left the kids in charge?

Muchtoomuchtodo Thu 06-Aug-15 21:20:40

I don't want every thread that I post on to be on my watched list.

Please make it stop!

BestIsWest Thu 06-Aug-15 21:26:24

Completely agree.

SetPhasersTaeMalkie Thu 06-Aug-15 21:28:28

Totally agree. I posted on the other thread too.

I just don't understand the thinking behind it.

R4 Thu 06-Aug-15 21:29:23

I don't want every thread that I post on to be on my watched list.

Please make it stop!
<un-ticks>

Zucker Thu 06-Aug-15 21:29:55

Agree. It'll be the same response as to the stupid trending tab over there to the right. We hear ya but..........

UnsolvedMystery Thu 06-Aug-15 21:34:23

I don't understand the point of having 2 different options of Threads I'm On and Thread I'm Watching, if every post you are on, is automatically added to the Watched Threads list.

MrsBertMacklin Thu 06-Aug-15 21:38:35

I don't understand what's driven it, I would be interested to know whether it was a survey, general volume of ad-hoc requests etc.?

And why this change has been made, when the most frequently requested change (IME) about watched threads, for the 'Deleted' message to be shown so threads don't get clogged up with place markers, hasn't been acknowledged?

And the change ref. the OP posts not being highlighted is just stupid. It will only lead to more people not RTFT.

Egosumquisum Thu 06-Aug-15 22:00:21

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

BIWI Thu 06-Aug-15 22:12:11

Quite, Ego.

GinSoakedBitchyPony Thu 06-Aug-15 22:21:30

Also totally agree.

usualsuspect333 Thu 06-Aug-15 22:24:02

I'm totally confused by this.

Unless MNHQ are planning to get rid of TIO, it doesn't make any sense.

EmpressKnowsWhereHerTowelIs Thu 06-Aug-15 22:24:38

This hasn't happened to me. I'm wondering if it's because I've only been on the mobile site recently.

TheOnlyOliviaMumsnet (MNHQ) Thu 06-Aug-15 22:57:54

Hello
Yes we are listening.
BUT I don't have any answers.

I am a late night owl and know nothing of what goes on by the mysterious 9 to 5 ers
Yes I know this is crap <flays self> but I will get one of them to come and talk to y'all in the morrow.
SORRY
<sheepish>

BIWI Thu 06-Aug-15 23:00:07

<passes gin to TOOM>

You really drew the short straw, didn't you! wink

TheOnlyOliviaMumsnet (MNHQ) Thu 06-Aug-15 23:02:26

TheOnlyOliviaMumsnet

Hello
know nothing of what goes on by the mysterious 9 to 5 ers

<corrects self, as tis late and am tired.>
Not that I know nothing, I do generally know most things (TSSDNCOP) But I DON'T know THIS is a BETTER way of putting it.

CalmYoBadSelf Thu 06-Aug-15 23:14:28

Olivia, you need to keep repeating to them "Threads I'm On is threads that I have posted on. I do not necessarily need to follow these, I might have been chatting about something inconsequential or talking drivel.
Threads I'm Watching might be interesting or funny things but I may not have posted on them".

Some of us like to keep our inane witterings in a separate place to interesting and funny stuff

usualsuspect333 Thu 06-Aug-15 23:37:04

I like to keep trolls threads I'm watching, separate from TIO.

CloserToFiftyThanTwenty Thu 06-Aug-15 23:50:09

Indeed. Having the box autofilled is as annoying as completing a registration online an finding it has automatically signed you up to receiving 25 bits of spam everyday

SwedishEdith Fri 07-Aug-15 00:08:24

It must be to merge them? I recently got rid of a load of TIW stuff - and now it's all filling up again <cries at the futility of it all>

Oh hell, I hadn't even seen this. I rarely use TIW. Doesn't mean I want it changed though. I "save" interesting or useful threads on there, some are years old & I wouldn't have a chance of finding them again.

Judydreamsofhorses Fri 07-Aug-15 00:26:04

I don't want notifications on any thread - why is the box now ticked as default? So annoying!

Furball Fri 07-Aug-15 07:57:32

Agreed it should be tick to add if you want to add it to your watched.

as I imagine some big posters who post loads.......their lists will probably self combust!

ASorcererIsAWizardSquared Fri 07-Aug-15 09:08:42

yup!

TIO - threads i'm actively posting on following.

Watch List - threads i'm interested in and am keeping an eye on for updates, but dont want to 'place mark' post on!

And i do NOT want to 'watch' every goddam thread!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now