Talk

Advanced search

Anyone else having trouble tonight?

(27 Posts)
WorraLiberty Wed 05-Aug-15 21:46:27

MN is so slow

I keep getting 'Bad Gateway' and people are double posting all over the place confused

Sparklingbrook Wed 05-Aug-15 21:47:44

YY I have a Bad Gateway. I was wondering whether it's because the Customise thing was being fixed <wishful thinking>

GarminGirl Wed 05-Aug-15 21:48:20

Yes me too

Shadow1986 Wed 05-Aug-15 21:48:40

Yes

pocketsized Wed 05-Aug-15 21:51:52

Bad gateways here too sad

WorraLiberty Wed 05-Aug-15 21:54:07

I wouldn't mind but I only wood stained my gate this morning grin

Sparklingbrook Wed 05-Aug-15 21:57:04

Is that a euphemism Worra?

AspieAndNT Wed 05-Aug-15 21:57:12

yes

textfan Wed 05-Aug-15 21:58:31

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Sparklingbrook Wed 05-Aug-15 21:59:19

It's going to be down between 6am-8am tomorrow IIRC.

PurpleDaisies Wed 05-Aug-15 21:59:35

More bad gateways here. It is incredibly annoying.

DoItTooJulia Wed 05-Aug-15 22:01:45

Getting very annoying. Colours are wrong. Slow. Bad gateways and multiple posting.

I'd only popped back to see if it was all fixed and if I could enjoy MN again. I'll be off again then!

TheOnlyOliviaMumsnet (MNHQ) Wed 05-Aug-15 22:03:21

WorraLiberty

I wouldn't mind but I only wood stained my gate this morning grin

grin
Sorry.
We know tis annoying

TalcAndTurnips Wed 05-Aug-15 22:03:40

I have almost origami-ed my ipad into a flapping bird tonight and have sworn at it at threatened it with perverse acts of violence.

I would like to take this opportunity to apologise to it publicly as I realise now that its shoddy efforts to load pages were not its fault.

Sorry ipad. Next time we're in town I'll treat you to a coffee and a bun. flowers

Laska42 Wed 05-Aug-15 22:06:47

MN....Please, please, PLEASE can we have a simple 'text only version' option?? .. Its those bleedin adverts and side bars that take so long to load up.... cant see whole threads for ages , cant post quickly and I am just losing the will to live .. (or at least to keep coming on here..)

Sagethyme Wed 05-Aug-15 22:07:10

Hoorah at least i've finally managed to log back in, combo of bad gateways and crap ipad update (iso8) which is causing ipad to suddenly go 'a problem occurred with this web page so it is being reloaded' grrrr rudy apple!

WorraLiberty Wed 05-Aug-15 22:07:40

I swear it wasn't a euphemism! grin

WorraLiberty Wed 05-Aug-15 22:09:14

Laska42, I use desktop and Ad Blocker is my very best friend.

Not sure if you can get it for mobiles.

DoItTooJulia Wed 05-Aug-15 22:15:44

Now it's loadi everything up in a long linear, wierd way. I tried to screen shot it but the fancy ipad cover that DH bought to stop the tiny terror cracking the screen means I can't.

mathanxiety Thu 06-Aug-15 00:05:04

I clicked on 'School Uniforms, are you yay or nay' on Discussion of the Day and got 'invalid URL'.

(Nay)

BeccaMumsnet (MNHQ) Thu 06-Aug-15 11:46:42

Hi everyone - we're sorry this is still happening. We've let Tech know and they're looking into it.

textfan Thu 06-Aug-15 13:18:33

emotionsecho Thu 06-Aug-15 13:33:45

I had what DoItTooJulia had early hours of this morning and again from midday to one 'o' clock today.

Unable to create a thread about it or post on other threads.

MN has to be the most unreliable, flaky and glitchy site about. No other site I use or have used has the level of continually recurring faults that MN has. Numerous thteads in Site Stuff flag up the same issues over and over again and all we get from MNHQ is a bland "We've flagged it to Tech, they are looking into it." No explanation, no conclusion, no confirmation that 'looking into it' has morphed into actually fixing it. Judging by the recurrence of the same problems 'looking into it" is all that is ever done.

As always with any situation lack of communication is always given as the most annoying and frustrating aspect, MNHQ are guilty of this.

RebeccaMumsnet (MNHQ) Thu 06-Aug-15 14:10:34

Hi all,

Thank you for your posts, we've had an update from Tech and this seems to be two issues.
We did have an issue last night around 9/10pm with bad gateways, this has been resolved.

There is a longer running issue here that Tech have been trying to replicate but with no joy. Could we ask that those who have experienced a Bad Gateway error in the wee small hours please take a screengrab for us and post it up with a time and url of where it happened? It will help greatly in our attempt to resolve the problems.

Thanks very much in advance

textfan Thu 06-Aug-15 15:10:30

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now