Mn redirecting to another web page

(12 Posts)
RCOR Tue 04-Aug-15 21:30:13

Anyone else having problems with MN redirecting?? At first I thought I was clicking ads but having watched what I'm doing very carefully I see it's a glitch. It starts as if it's redirecting to T-mobile but then on to the one shown on the photo. It's only happening on 'chat'.

magicstar1 Tue 04-Aug-15 21:31:58

Yeah I'm getting redirected to a games page on my iPhone

AgentProvocateur Tue 04-Aug-15 21:43:27

I'm getting redirected to An app advert.

mais Tue 04-Aug-15 21:49:10

I'm getting a spam you have won an iPhone 6 then redirected to App Store if I try to use back arrow to go back to thread I was on.
I'm using Safari on an iPhone 6, has happened a few times today, latest was when I clicked on the update to watched threads posted by MNHQ just now

TheOnlyOliviaMumsnet (MNHQ) Tue 04-Aug-15 22:30:08

Thanks for flagging - that is annoying, we will look into this

HarlettOScara Tue 04-Aug-15 22:31:47

I'm getting redirected to the App Store too - using the mobile site on iphone 6, ios 8.4

mais Tue 04-Aug-15 23:15:05

It's now happening to me on other sites so may not be a Mumsnet problem, just haven't been on many other sites really today but went googling something now & it's happening on other sites now too. Any other iPhone users check if it's happening elsewhere on the web? I've closed Safari & restarted phone & it's still a problem

desperatehousewife2 Tue 04-Aug-15 23:59:41

Mais, this is exactly what's happened to me. It started on Mumsnet and now seems to have spread to when I go on other sites. Does this mean my iPhone is infected?

mais Wed 05-Aug-15 00:09:11

I erased all safari data, installed the latest software update, that did nothing. Turning off JavaScript in the advanced settings stopped it happening but I couldn't figure out how to get rid. I've now erased all settings and data on my phone & I've been able to post this reply to you without anything happening so fingers crossed it's worked.

mais Wed 05-Aug-15 00:12:32

:-( well it worked until I posted then it promptly redirected me again.

Olivia I noticed that the ad at the top of the page only said "Client Side Validation" just before it happened - it's the 2nd time I have seen it

BeccaMumsnet (MNHQ) Thu 06-Aug-15 12:03:37

Hi everyone - tech are looking into this at the moment. Thank you for posting.

HarlettOScara Thu 06-Aug-15 15:17:51

Don't know if it's helpful but this is the screen it was trying to redirect me too today. I was just scrolling through Active convos at the time. Then it takes me into Sky Bet in the App Store.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now