Talk

Advanced search

Android app showing old threads inc OTBT ones

(14 Posts)
fluffyanimal Tue 04-Aug-15 14:43:30

Sorry if this has been raised before.

If I use the Android app, I notice that in Active Convos, I get pages and pages of threads marked with the 'sticky', some of which are very out of date, before I get to the actual active convos.

Plus if I go to OTBT, I can see very old threads, i.e. ones that should have gone poof after the 30 day limit, which obviously goes against the reason for OTBT. Just thought you ought to know, if you didn't already. smile

BeccaMumsnet (MNHQ) Tue 04-Aug-15 15:57:02

Hi fluffyanimal - we will look into this now. Thank you so much for flagging.

BeccaMumsnet (MNHQ) Tue 04-Aug-15 15:58:13

Hi fluffyanimal - can we just check, is this the old app or the new app?

SandraMelandra Tue 04-Aug-15 16:11:06

In case it helps, I'm on the android app too and I have to scroll through approximately 46 sticky threads before I get to the start of active convos. None from otbt though?

smile smile

SandraMelandra Tue 04-Aug-15 16:11:55

But I don't know of this is old or new, it says it's up to date.

ThisNameIsBetterThanMyRealOne Tue 04-Aug-15 16:14:44

If You log out and back in the stickys disappear but after a few days there is loads again.

BeccaMumsnet (MNHQ) Tue 04-Aug-15 16:15:52

Oh, I do apologise, I was being very stupid - this is definitely the old app as it's Android! Apologies everyone!

Thank you for the info everyone.

fluffyanimal Tue 04-Aug-15 16:17:15

Umm, I don't know. Just looked at the app info on my phone and it says version 1.1.

fluffyanimal Tue 04-Aug-15 16:18:59

Is there a more recent release of the android app that would fix this?

SandraMelandra Tue 04-Aug-15 16:19:59

I misread your bit about otbt, ignore me. grin

BeccaMumsnet (MNHQ) Thu 06-Aug-15 12:08:24

Hi everyone - we're having trouble replicating the issue, but we'll keep trying. Thanks for posting.

fluffyanimal Thu 06-Aug-15 12:25:59

Becca, I have taken a screenshot of the old OTBT threads and would post it here if you think it appropriate - not keen to expose threads that were meant to have vanished, unless MNHQ say it's OK - or I will PM it to you if you can tell me how to put pictures in a PM.

BeccaMumsnet (MNHQ) Thu 06-Aug-15 13:56:20

Hi fluffyanimal - thanks so much for doing that. Would you be able to email it over to contactus@mumsnet.com? That would be really helpful.

fluffyanimal Thu 06-Aug-15 16:29:25

Hi Becca, I've just done that. I should add that not only can you see the old thread titles, you can click on them and read them.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now