Talk

Advanced search

The sad emoticon is not a sad face, it's a baby carrying stork.

(7 Posts)
Atomik Tue 21-Jul-15 09:30:52

Is it just my iPad that has decided to sub random pictures that make no sense for universally understood emoticons ... or is there a gremlin in the gubbins of the system ?

BeccaMumsnet (MNHQ) Tue 21-Jul-15 13:47:30

Hi Atomik - ooo this is a bit weird! We'll let Tech know.

Anyone else had this?

Atomik Tue 21-Jul-15 18:50:43

Oh please the gods I don't believe in (when not gripping arm rests and praying fervently during turbulance) that it's not just me.

At my age I really don't like the idea of being singled out for a baby bearing stork.

Sad face is currently showing as a sad face. But the stork+baby gif was showing in posts (instead of sad face) and the emoticon list last night and this morning.

BeccaMumsnet (MNHQ) Thu 23-Jul-15 10:48:38

Hi Atomik - unfortunately it doesn't look like anyone else is having this problem, but we'll see what Tech says. Hopefully there will be an easy solution.

BeccaMumsnet (MNHQ) Thu 23-Jul-15 10:52:46

Hi Atomik - Tech have suggested clearing your cache and cookies. Give that a go and if you're still haven't trouble, give us a shout.

BertieBotts Wed 29-Jul-15 13:23:19

This has happened before. I remember at least three times. It seems that somewhere one picture on the site gets crossed wires with another and they display wrong. Usually temporary, though.

BeyondTheWall Thu 30-Jul-15 16:36:23

Haha, sorry op but mine is fine grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now