Talk

Advanced search

what the hell just happened?!

(11 Posts)
ThumbWitchesAbroad Sun 19-Jul-15 17:38:57

I had a Server time out error, and then when I refreshed the page, all my saved customisations had gone!

But I was still logged in.

I've dealt with it, but whaaaat? What did you DO? Is it going to happen again?

BishopBrennansArse Sun 19-Jul-15 17:39:50

Happened to me last night. Bad server gateway?

ThumbWitchesAbroad Sun 19-Jul-15 17:40:43

Ah yes might have been that error instead, I got a few in the last couple of hours.

ThumbWitchesAbroad Sun 19-Jul-15 17:45:09

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Google +1 Print this page Send to a friend

This set of buttons (I can't screenshot) directly below the last comment is new, isn't it. It wasn't there before, was it? <feels like madness is setting in>

ClaireFraser Sun 19-Jul-15 17:47:31

There's a box to tick/unstick somewhere on the customisation page to get rid of the Facebook/Google buttons etc. will go and gave a look and report back!

ClaireFraser Sun 19-Jul-15 17:49:31

Unde the customisation section there's a drop down that says 'hide the social media' , change it to 'yes' and it gets rid of them

ThumbWitchesAbroad Sun 19-Jul-15 17:57:32

Oh cool, thanks - I must have had it hidden from when it was a floating toolbar, I've never seen this set before. smile

ThumbWitchesAbroad Sun 19-Jul-15 17:59:20

YES! Brilliant, thanks Claire!

TheOnlyOliviaMumsnet (MNHQ) Sun 19-Jul-15 23:24:04

Yikes
Glad it's sorted but sorry about that

ThumbWitchesAbroad Mon 20-Jul-15 02:58:11

YY Olivia, but do you know why it happened? Is it likely to happen again? <wibbles>

DarkEvilMoon Mon 20-Jul-15 03:22:52

I have been having problems for weeks: bad gateways, timing out, freezing, really weird layouts.

Apparently HQ have been looking into it. It is not as bad as it was but still not right. Hopefully it won't thumbwitch but just watch the thread or something so you can return to re fix if is happens after dropping off the i'm on list sods law principle

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now