Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet iPad app letters on keyboard keep disappearing

(13 Posts)

MNHQ have commented on this thread.

overthemill Fri 17-Jul-15 10:09:03

Wtf????? Only happens on mums et. Constantly it disappears if I switch between. U beers and letters ( and I am so u techs it's unbelievable). All I have is the backspace the return and the shift key displaying and I just type randomly where I think letters ae and then the funny little word appear above keyboard : so if I type pn it sometimes corrects me to 'on' as I think it knows the words I type regularly ( how does it know that?)
And why oh why are there these weird faces and hearts above the keyboard? All I want is letters please.

Am having serious crisis and desperate to get help from MN experts about tube feeding but cannot post! I dint understand and I think I seriously will scream

overthemill Fri 17-Jul-15 10:09:43

And this post took oodles of tried - I keep copying and cut and paste into new thread in effort to A&E keyboard come back

DonkeyOaty Fri 17-Jul-15 10:14:26

Hi there

I think it's one of those things where you need to shut down the ipad and restart it. Using the slider thingie after you press and hold the Home button.

See if that helps?

overthemill Fri 17-Jul-15 11:01:45

Thank you I will try, but have done that 4 times already. Is it just a bug?

YetAnotherBeckyMumsnet (MNHQ) Fri 17-Jul-15 11:59:00

Hi there

Thanks for posting. Is anyone else having this problem?

Thanks

overthemill Mon 20-Jul-15 09:20:24

I would like to know as it is infuriating and happens all the time! If I turn off and on the iPad several times it goes back to normal but god it's irritating!!!

DawnMumsnet (MNHQ) Mon 20-Jul-15 13:01:08

Hi overthemill,

So sorry you're having this problem. We've flagged it to our Tech team and will report back asap.

DawnMumsnet (MNHQ) Mon 20-Jul-15 15:41:12

Hi again!

Our Tech team can't seem to replicate this problem. Could you let us know which version of iOS you're using please?

SteggySaurus Mon 20-Jul-15 15:46:12

This happens to me too! I think my version is 7.

ScrambledEggAndToast Mon 20-Jul-15 19:32:17

Mine does that OP. It's so annoying angry All I can do is restart the iPad.

overthemill Tue 21-Jul-15 23:13:42

Hi mumsnet sorry I got busy! I am iOS 8.3 and have noticed I could update to 8.4 ( I'm not madly techy). Would that do it or will it take forever and be pointless?

overthemill Tue 21-Jul-15 23:14:50

And steady and scrambled, it is sooooo annoying! I have to keep copying posts and starting again though impressed at my one finger typing on a blank keyboard does get about 60% accuracy!!!

AmyGMumsnet (MNHQ) Wed 22-Jul-15 10:35:57

Thanks for updating us overthemill. We've asked Tech what they recommend you do in terms of updating iOS and if they've got any other advice.

In the meantime we're most impressed with your accuracy on a blank keyboard! grin

We'll get back to you asap.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now