Talk

Advanced search

How does MNHQ work?

(27 Posts)

MNHQ have commented on this thread.

AskMeAnythingYouLike Mon 13-Jul-15 17:34:32

Is there a hierarchy? Do certain people cover certain topics? Is there a way to contact a certain person from MNHQ directly?

SylvanianCaliphate Mon 13-Jul-15 17:39:00

TSSDNCOP. wink

Sparklingbrook Mon 13-Jul-15 17:39:12

I don't think there are certain people for certain topics, no. Here's the email address contactus@mumsnet.com

Hierarchy question I will leave to MNHQ. grin

DonkeyOaty Mon 13-Jul-15 17:42:25

What our sparklers said ^

tabulahrasa Mon 13-Jul-15 17:49:34

I figure it's like thunderdome...but with more biscuits and gin.

AskMeAnythingYouLike Mon 13-Jul-15 17:53:01

I've used the contactus address before but if you want to contact someone specifically how do you do that? Is it just firstname@mumsnet.com?

AskMeAnythingYouLike Mon 13-Jul-15 17:54:21

Also, is there a time limit that they try to get back to you within? Eg we will respond to your email within <somany> days?

MaryBerrysEyelashes Mon 13-Jul-15 17:54:47

it works by them not deleting personal atttacks for twenty thrillion hours after they are reported and not replying to an email I sent on Sunday.

THATS HOW

angry

Sparklingbrook Mon 13-Jul-15 17:54:58

Just email the contact address and ask.

MaryBerrysEyelashes Mon 13-Jul-15 17:55:28

they just lock a thread and piss off to the pub wink

BitOfFun Mon 13-Jul-15 17:55:56

Put FAO in the subject line, and they'll see it.

AskMeAnythingYouLike Mon 13-Jul-15 17:55:57

MaryBerry, that's similar to what I want to speak to them about.

FenellaFellorick Mon 13-Jul-15 17:56:56

Find them on a thread and pm them.

AskMeAnythingYouLike Mon 13-Jul-15 17:59:04

I have emailed the contactus address and asked for a specific person but I didn't get a reply from them.

AskMeAnythingYouLike Mon 13-Jul-15 17:59:21

Fenella, I've tried that too!

GiddyOnZackHunt Mon 13-Jul-15 18:01:18

You put your message in a half filled gin bottle and leave it in a bin in Kentish Town. Remember to put your message in a plastic bag though as they might want to drink the gin before bothering to get the message out.

BitOfFun Mon 13-Jul-15 18:05:22

Sometimes it takes a while, but you generally get a reply eventually- it depends when that particular HQer is working. If it helps, try to remind yourself that they have a heavy workload, and just because something seems urgent to you, it might not be at the top of the list of other things they need to attend to. Also, if it's a delicate matter, I believe they like to discuss how they are going to deal with it, but that conversation with other staff won't always be able to take place immediately.

I don't mean to trivialise your feelings, but do try to use the "switch off" option if you need to, not just on your screen, but in your head, and be patient. At the end of the day, this is supposed to be entertainment, and participating is not compulsory.

BitOfFun Mon 13-Jul-15 18:06:27

(Apologies if that all sounds a bit pompous- I'm not feeling well and I'm half asleep!)

AskMeAnythingYouLike Mon 13-Jul-15 18:07:57

Thanks BitOfFun. I have actually been trying to contact them for a couple of weeks now so I didn't think I was being impatient. I had tried the methods above and just wondered if I was doing it wrong and there was another way that I didn't know about.

BitOfFun Mon 13-Jul-15 18:12:32

All I can suggest is that you report this thread, and ask them to come on and explain? It might be something simple like the person being on holiday or something?

MardyBra Mon 13-Jul-15 18:15:51

"How does MNHQ work?"

Do they do work and stuff? I thought they were just starting controversial threads and sockpuppeting away for their own amusement mos of the time. wink

ImperialBlether Mon 13-Jul-15 18:24:22

I don't think you're meant to expect a specific person to deal with anything, are you? I know certain people are in charge of the book club etc but if you are complaining about what someone's said about you, anyone can deal with that, presumably?

Personally (sucking up emoticon needed here) I've always found them very, very helpful and friendly.

FenellaFellorick Mon 13-Jul-15 18:37:18

Is there a reason only a particular person could help you or could you ask the team to help you?

YetAnotherHelenMumsnet (MNHQ) Mon 13-Jul-15 18:51:27

Hi there AskMeAnythingYouLike,
We can see that you have had rather a lot of email contact with us under a couple of names and that these issues have largely been assigned to RebeccaMNHQ. Sincere apologies that your second email from the 30th June appears to have gone unanswered, it may be because the questions you posed read as rhetorical but we will certainly pass on to Rebecca that you are looking for further insight from her. Once again, apologies for the possible oversight and you will hear from us soon.

YetAnotherHelenMumsnet (MNHQ) Mon 13-Jul-15 18:54:59

Apart from that, everything MardyBra says is true...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now