Talk

Advanced search

Why should a thread come up with 0 posts ?

(8 Posts)

MNHQ have commented on this thread.

cozietoesie Sun 05-Jul-15 09:43:26

With no content and despite a rather worrying title you don't know what's being posted about. (In Relationships, this morning at about 9.30.)

On FF on a laptop.

(I've seen this before though.)

cozietoesie Sun 05-Jul-15 09:47:22

Ah - something has come up finally. I guess they finally put some money in the server's meter?

IonaMumsnet (MNHQ) Sun 05-Jul-15 16:29:47

We were out of shillings again. Had to nip to the grocer's for change. Apologies!

cozietoesie Sun 05-Jul-15 16:40:30

grin

(I saw that the site was having a 'moment' this morning. smile)

FruChristerOla Sun 05-Jul-15 17:57:17

This has been happening loads of times sporadically over months and months. Sometimes when you open a 0 thread, the OP then becomes apparent.

But sometimes it doesn't. If it doesn't, just post a "I can't see your OP, there appears to be a glitch on MN, but I hope my post will then make it apparent".

Don't do what I did the first time I saw one and post "What?" (I thought it was one of those 'joke' blank posts.) It turned out to be quite a sensitive thread and my "What?" made me look like a complete arsehole.

Fortunately a MNer who knows me IRL also came onto the thread and said "Fru wouldn't post like that, it's totally out of character". I then returned to the thread, saw what had happened and then posted another post full of apologies, but saying I couldn't see the OP at all - it was blank, until someone else after me had posted.

I still cringe. Although I did start a thread in Site Stuff about it and discovered that other MNers had been similarly caught out on other threads.

cozietoesie Sun 05-Jul-15 18:17:51

It would be interesting to know what the thread's OP saw. (Or OPs of similar threads.)

FruChristerOla Sun 05-Jul-15 18:52:00

Ah, here's the Site Stuff thread from last October www.mumsnet.com/Talk/site_stuff/2202863-something-MOST-PECULIAR-is-happening-to-some-newly-started-threads (not started by me, as I now see!). So this isn't a new problem.

I've got no idea what the OP sees when they start a thread, cozie confused

FruChristerOla Sat 11-Jul-15 17:21:23

Here's another one www.mumsnet.com/Talk/_chat/2423050-A-great-read-for-my-kindle - and I'm not the OP.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now