Talk

Advanced search

Are we not allowed to recommend companies to each other anymore?

(7 Posts)

MNHQ have commented on this thread.

wigglylines Wed 10-Jun-15 21:02:17

I recommended a certain online estate agent to another poster, and got deleted! confused.

The deletion message directed me to the talk guidelines but there's nothing in there about not recommending companies, only about not promoting yourself.

One look at my posting history should show MNHQ I've been posting for getting on for 7 years, and there's very little property chat - I'm not an estate agent!

So why did I get deleted?

wigglylines Wed 10-Jun-15 21:04:08

Incidentally, I was recommended that agent when I was selling my flat by about 5 different mumsnetters, and that recommendation saved me about £5k!

Why shouldn't others here benefit from that knowledge too?

Isn't the whole point of that "mumsnet recommends" email that we recommend stuff to each other? How are we meant to do that if we get deleted?!

Is it just that someones feeling particularly trigger-happy tonight?!

IonaMumsnet (MNHQ) Wed 10-Jun-15 22:04:46

Hi there, Wiggly. Apologies - we might have been a bit hasty there. It flagged up to us as we have had quite a few mentions of that website recently and it looks like you recommended them once before (to be fair to you, it was some years back!) Sorry for the red button haste - we've reinstated your post now.

wigglylines Wed 10-Jun-15 23:08:41

Thanks Iona smile

That website does get mentioned a fair bit on mumsnet! But for us at least it was a good thing.

Online estate agents are just like mooncups grin - really obvious once you think about it but something I had no idea existed before mumsnet!

wigglylines Wed 10-Jun-15 23:09:54

(And I promise I don't work for one!)

SpongeBobJudgeyPants Fri 12-Jun-15 21:02:28

Ha Wiggly. I rave about Lakeland, so need to watch out! I think I'm quite vocal when businesses are a bit rubbish, so I try to balance it out when they're good. smile

Egosumquisum Sat 13-Jun-15 08:28:18

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now