Talk

Advanced search

is it possible to find your own posts on long threads?

(8 Posts)
MorrisZapp Wed 03-Jun-15 14:49:58

Without scrolling through page after page?

Sometimes I vaguely remember posting on a long, classic thread but would like to know if I'm on it or not before reading all the pages.

Str1p3yl3af Wed 03-Jun-15 14:52:31

If you're on of you can press f5 I think... It's the 'find' function anyway.

If you're on iPad then try advanced search?

Str1p3yl3af Wed 03-Jun-15 14:52:50

If you're on the 'pc'

SaulGood Wed 03-Jun-15 14:55:17

I don't think there's a way tbh. Unless you never name-change and can F5/ctrl+f or if you switch to single page view and scroll down looking for a highlighted post.

I sometimes read a long, old post and come across something I wrote under a name-change and I've forgotten not only the thread but what I said and even the moniker I was using. Happily, I tend to agree with what I've written. Occasionally, I make myself laugh. Then I despise myself obviously.

Str1p3yl3af Wed 03-Jun-15 14:59:12

I've posted twice on an 'old' thread having name changed. I said exactly the same thing. It was 12m apart but I made myself laugh when I noticed.

MorrisZapp Wed 03-Jun-15 15:09:28

Yip! Done that. Luckily I too am one of my favourite posters smile

TwartFaceBeetj Wed 03-Jun-15 15:12:50

I think it's easier if you have your own posts high lighted. Then even under a name change the colour comes up when scrolling fast, so not as bad as having to read it all

TummyButtonFluff Wed 10-Jun-15 17:33:48

I once replied to my own post under a name change. I thought 'I can't believe that happened to someone else too' blush

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now