Talk

Advanced search

Arts and Crafts

(6 Posts)
MonstrousRatbag Wed 03-Jun-15 12:40:11

On this entertaining thread about comically bad on-line craft products for sale, I suggested that Mumsnet could provide a regular place where members (only) could promote their homemade goods for sale online.

1.There is a lot of talent among members that they would like to share and many of us would like to know about;

2. Selling homemade products online is an avenue used by a lot of at-home parents to provide an income and yet allow childcare, and so is something that MN should support.

I recognise that a regular marketplace is a huge endeavour in itself and therefore, not something Mumsnet would want to take on. However, the chance simply to show what they do on a limited basis, with a link to the actual selling site, would still be a great opportunity for MN makers. I'm suggesting a thread to post pictures of products, with any actual sales being required to take place off MN on the maker's usual website or Facebook page.

Would you consider doing this e.g. bi-annually: in October or November, for the Christmas market, and again in, say, April?

BeccaMumsnet (MNHQ) Wed 03-Jun-15 15:49:45

Hi MonstrousRatbag - thanks for your suggestion.
Once we have an idea of the level of interest, we can have a look.

Does anyone else fancy this sort of thing?

StEdmundsPippins Wed 03-Jun-15 16:13:34

This sounds a good idea. As Monsterous says, there is a lot of talent on here, and it could be used to develop a business from home whilst still bringing up children.

It would also give mums the opportunity to support other mums therefore being a great morale booster.

How would the legalities of this work out?

Ohfourfoxache Fri 05-Jun-15 16:30:34

Ooh that sounds like a superb idea!

MonstrousRatbag Fri 05-Jun-15 21:46:43

I think we should call it The Mumsnet Fete.

MrsNextDoor Fri 05-Jun-15 22:47:40

I've thought about this too OP! Well done for getting it out here...it's an excellent idea imo. pippins I expect it would be just like the MN buy and sell page which already exists....buyers and sellers are responsible for their own exchanges and MN have nothing to do with it...so there's no going to them upset if something goes wrong...one has to use ones own common sense.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now